Should I ask out the person I like?

My crush [19M] and me also [19M] have been hanging out a lot and going to the gym together. We talk a lot about all kind of things, the way he looks at me the way he touches me and when he try’s to make me laugh are soo cute. But I still don’t know if he really likes me this way he said on multiple occasions that he is straight and every time he mentions that I say that I don’t believe him  and with a shallow voice he says: “well I do like girls”. I think he have a hint I like him.

Before we become friends we were working out in the same gym and every time I turn my head around he is Always looking at me even now he still do it even more often. He is always the one to fist look away when I look at his eyes when he is looking at me. He was the fist one to say hi to me before we ever started talking. It was a very normal day for me and I go into the gym looker room i he was there and he said hi to me and left immediately. After that we slowly started talking and he is now more comfortable with me about things like touching my face my shoulder and talking abt stuff. But it’s just keeps getting harder to know if he likes me?

Ones He told me he don’t like to meet with new people and I said “well you met me” and he said: “well you are different”

It’s just so mixed everything i don’t know if he is really straight the other day he told me he don’t have any crushes. Should I ask him out?

4 minutes ago, Stddpp said:

he said on multiple occasions that he is straight and every time he mentions that I say that I don’t believe him  and with a shallow voice he says: “well I do like girls”. 

It may be better to stay friends and date men you know for sure are gay. It may disrupt your friendship if you keep hitting on him.

• Author
9 minutes ago, Wiseman2 said:

It may be better to stay friends and date men you know for sure are gay. It may disrupt your friendship if you keep hitting on him.

• Author
10 minutes ago, Wiseman2 said:

No u don’t understand he looks and acts extremely gay if like James Charles himself came to me and said he is straight I would believe him more.

24 minutes ago, Stddpp said:

No u don’t understand he looks and acts extremely gay if like James Charles himself came to me and said he is straight I would believe him more.

He may not have admitted it to himself yet.   Or, he may be a straight guy who looks and acts gay.  I've known more than one!

All in all, if he's telling you that he's straight and isn't making any moves on you, then respect his words and don't ask him out.

• Author
8 hours ago, basil67 said:

He may not have admitted it to himself yet.   Or, he may be a straight guy who looks and acts gay.  I've known more than one!

All in all, if he's telling you that he's straight and isn't making any moves on you, then respect his words and don't ask him out.

Idkk but what making moves really mean? 
he told me way back that he needs months to get to know people which was really strange out of no where to say that.

I think he have not admitted to himself yet.Thank you for your time!

3 hours ago, Stddpp said:

Idkk but what making moves really mean? 
he told me way back that he needs months to get to know people which was really strange out of no where to say that.

I think he have not admitted to himself yet.Thank you for your time!

Making moves:  flirting, touching, asking you on a date, making suggestive sexual comments involving you and him.  If he's not doing at least two of these things, then leave it be

He's interested for sure, but he doesn't want to acknowledge his sexuality. 

Maybe just start lightly, by suggesting going for a coffee after the gym.

He says he is straight....respect that 

Remember, apart of the reason James Charles , since you mentioned him...almost got cancelled was because he was pushy and didn't care when a guy told him he was straight. 

Edited by justaskingok
  • Author
On 7/27/2023 at 1:07 PM, JTSW said:

He's interested for sure, but he doesn't want to acknowledge his sexuality. 

Maybe just start lightly, by suggesting going for a coffee after the gym.

Yeah most of the time we do that.

40 minutes ago, Stddpp said:

That's fine. But his sexuality is up to him. If he's not bi or gay, you'll have to accept it. Even if he were, maybe he's not interested in something like that with you.

Try to respect the rights and feelings of others. It's ok to have a crush, but it's also ok to be friends with people who just want to be friends and find people to date who are interested in you in that way.

56 minutes ago, Stddpp said:

Then just go with the flow and don't push him on it anymore.

Stop trying to insist to him that he gay.

If he doesn't want to acknowledge it then respect that.

He may approach you on his own day, appreciating your patience and being his friend, and admit he is ready for more.

Edited by JTSW