I have a restraining order against 'boyfriend's roommate

2 hours ago, IrinaM said:

I just don't understand why law enforcement would run a DNA test on a letter that wasn't linked to any crime whatsoever? Law enforcement are supposed to investigate crimes, not get involved in personal squabbles. 

Obviously the OP does not live in the USA, as that would never happen here.  Turns out there is not even a restraining order.   

OP,  you either have to accept this ridiculous situation or dump the guy.  I have no idea why you're carrying on with this drama for the sake of "on and off" dating.  

Edited by NuevoYorko
3 minutes ago, Senja10 said:

Two months after I turned the letters over to the police I received a call letting me know who sent the letters. I was surprised that they pursued it. I was told that "Harassment" is illegal.

And they told you they DNA tested?

Or did you just assume they did that?

26 minutes ago, Senja10 said:

Two months after I turned the letters over to the police I received a call letting me know who sent the letters. I was surprised that they pursued it. I was told that "Harassment" is illegal.

So, you have no idea who actually called you. 

You realize you've been totally played, right? 

• Like 4
32 minutes ago, NuevoYorko said:

Obviously the OP does not live in the USA, as that would never happen here.

Or in the UK for that matter. Police here are so strapped for cash they can't even allocate resources to burglaries and car thefts, nevermind wasting it on this sort of stuff. 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
3 hours ago, Senja10 said:

I really don't know anything about what constitutes DNA testing. I've never been involved with something like this before.

All the forensics is really irrelevant. What would help you is to stop letting him come to your house. You claim she's harassing you but you keep the drama alive by being with him and letting him camp out at your place.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, SoulCat said:

Or in the UK for that matter. Police here are so strapped for cash they can't even allocate resources to burglaries and car thefts, nevermind wasting it on this sort of stuff. 

agree. I can't imagine this being law enforcement protocol in any country anywhere.

• Like 1

OP if this is as serious as you make it sound, you need to removest yourself from this person and situation completely. Not to mention the fact that he has made it clear that he won't move her out. It's not worth the emotional distress and hassle.

• Like 1