How can I get over HIS ex??

I have been dating my boyfriend for about 3 months. We are very much in love and are both very happy. We have fun, can openly talk to each other about anything, and share many of the same values.

The problem is, he broke up with his last girlfriend only 2 days before we met. He has told me he was never attracted to her, was not in love with her, and would never even consider getting back together with her. In the beginning, she would call him 5 to 10 times a day, text message and email him constantly. He was still talking to her and, because she knew about me, I tried to accept the fact that they were friends. She is very manipulative and has tried to lie her way back into his life by making up stories about her dog being on the verge of death, she being attacked by an animal (40 + stitches on her face and arms two weeks ago but no marks what-so-ever?), and even raped. She had a male friend of hers tell my boyfriend that I was sleeping with someone else, and has told me that she has slept with him since we've been together, all of which are lies!

He has realized what she is doing, and no longer talks to her but still receives emails, calls, and text messages. He feels that by ignoring her, she will eventually go away. The problem for me is that I have been dealing with this for 3 months already and I am at the end of my rope...I am so frustrated that she is still trying to work her way back into his life and she cannot accept the fact that he is happy with someone else. I want him to tell her off or do something other than ignoring her to make her go away...but he is too nice of a guy to do that. I have become totally obsessed with and jealous of her and feel like he has gotten over her...but I haven't. What can I do to let her go?!

Emma2278-nonuser

Hi there

I read you post and just felt a bit sorry for his ex. I know this isn't what you want to hear but it seems awfully insensitive of your boyfriend to have set himeself up with a new woman 2 days after ending a relationship with an ex. How long was he in that relationship? Are you able to put yourself in her shoes?

You say you love and trust your boyfriend so what's the problem?

You know this woman is making it all up so you should just give it time and wait for her to get bored. She will.

In the meantime, maybe a bit of compassion is needed on your part.

Emma

1123Unregsterd1276

I have been in a similar situation. You have to tell him how much it is bothering you and that he has to pick between feeling bad for cutting her out or making you feel terrible because of the situation. If he really cares about you he will care that this is hurting your feelings. What is it with crazy ex's???

My b/f had a fling with this girl while he was in another country about 1 month before we met. They only hung out (and by hung out I mean had sex) for a week but she called him like a few times a day, emailed him, emailed him pictures of herself in various states of undress, and txt msged him like constantly. I told him he needed to stop talking to her because its not like they were friends and it was obvious she wanted him. Even though he stopped talking to her and told her he had a girlfriend she continued to txt him etc. After like 2 months she eventually stopped because he never responded and she got finally got the hint.

So there is little you can do to stop the crazy ex...he has to be the one to deal with her. Just tell him how it makes you feel.

• 4 weeks later...