My crush didn't reply me

Smnz

A year ago i asked my crush if he was single, he politely refused me. Now i accidentally gave him a missed call and apologised to which he said its ok no worries. I further said ‘Thanks, I hope you’re doing well’ he didn’t reply and its been 3 days. This conversation has happened after more than a year of confessing my feelings to him. It really made me sad that he even didn’t reply to my simple greeting. Does it mean he doesn’t care about me at all ? 

Is he still your crush after he told you he’s not interested in you? 

Hiw do you know him? I’m guessing he “cares” about you in the sense that you’re another human being and doesn’t want to cause you pain. And I suspect he’s not replying because he doesn’t want to lead you on, and he likely wants you to move on from him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Smnz said:

. Now i accidentally gave him a missed call and apologised to which he said its ok no worries. 

Sorry this happened. Please delete and block him and all his people from ALL your social media and messaging apps. This way you won't call him by mistake. Unfortunately he's not interested. Try not to chase uninterested men. It's too frustrating.

Instead, get a good profile and pics on quality dating apps and start talking to and meeting men who are interested in you and want what you want. 

• Thanks 1
  • Author

Yes he is still my crush, though i never spoke to him after he refused me except this time. Some weeks ago he probably stalked my IG, i got some notification but it quickly disappeared, i checked the username and it was him but he didn’t follow me. I thought maybe he has change of heart or lord answered my prayers this time. But no luck since he didn’t show any interest when i msged even after a long time. 

Being so fixated on him is preventing you from meeting someone. Whatever you think you see is just your imagination play tricks on you. Seek out some friends and start going out doing things that are fun. Along the way you will probably meet someone. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Smnz said:

Yes he is still my crush,

How old are you? I can see a teenage crush going on even when you know there’s no interest from the other person, but once you’re adult this would be considered unhealthy. How do you know him?

This guy is not interested in you and doesn't have the same feelings that you have.  He already told you that.  I'm not sure what your question is?  Stop trying to contact him and just move on.

He’s not interested. 

If he was interested, he would respond and communicate with you. The fact that he hasn’t ever done so tells you that it’s time to let this go…

5 hours ago, Smnz said:

It really made me sad that he even didn’t reply to my simple greeting. Does it mean he doesn’t care about me at all ? 

He knows you like him & he's avoiding engaging with you because he doesn't want to give you false hope.  

When you let your feelings known he indicated that he did not feel the same way.   That was your cue to let go & give up.  The fact that you are still crushing on him a year later is poisoning you.  You have to accept that you two will never be a couple.  You have to move on.  

His comment "no worries" was actually the end of the conversation.  

But for future reference, if you want a response from someone you're interested in, "Thanks, I hope you're doing well" will not likely bring one your way because it's not a question.  Instead, it's exactly the conversation stopper I'd use to get out of having to talk with someone.

• Like 2

OP, he is not interested. Period. Nothing much you can do about this. He is not lying or misleading you in any way. He is not giving you any false hope nor is he starting or continuing any convos with you. Let it go. I know it sucks but it is what it is. But look at a bright side. There are plenty of singe men out there. Why don't you make up a good profile on a reputable dating site and start going on dates instead? You never know, you may meet the "one."  Sure beats sitting all alone and pining for some guy who doesn't like you.

Edited by Alvi
  • Like 1

Well. I think you need to reframe it a bit.

Why need a crush to care about you? When you call it a crush, that implies that he doesn't know you well enough. And if someone who doesn't know you well, who you have at one time confessed feelings for and who politely rejected you now is being dragged into a situation where you need a response, why emphasize it in such a way?

I think it's likely that he simply didn't reply because there was no need to. It was a casual exchange.

It's upsetting for you. Which means, you wanted something from him, and he could not reciprocate, which is fine.

Now, you accidentally called and apologized. And that does mean that you care. Care that you did something, and care that you are worried that may be unintentionally hurt someone. And maybe this hurting indication is actually hurting to you - as you are expecting something from this past that already happened. 

Its like you opened the box of goodies you should not have. The top lick may give you a taste on what was internally constituted. And even if he did not reply - you think "as if he did not care about me!"

If you are slightly hurt or a bit too much hurt - welcome to the feeling world! And start exploring why you think that and how you can overcome that.

He would have carried on if he was interested. I don’t think he is unfortunately and there is no change of heart here. A person will definitely have more to say if they like you. He may also be dating someone, have a crush on someone else, have a girlfriend or be in a relationship. 

16 hours ago, Smnz said:

Yes he is still my crush, though i never spoke to him after he refused me except this time. Some weeks ago he probably stalked my IG, i got some notification but it quickly disappeared, i checked the username and it was him but he didn’t follow me. I thought maybe he has change of heart or lord answered my prayers this time. But no luck since he didn’t show any interest when i msged even after a long time. 

I'm so sorry this happened.  I can imagine how this would have made you feel after such a long-standing, unrequited feelings for this guy.  Daring to hope.

For what it's worth, I think you were really brave to take a risk and "accidently" call him.  You miss 100% of the chances you don't take and if he did have some doubts or curiosity, you gave him the opportunity to take it further.

The fact that he didn't pursue the conversation tells you all you need to know.  It's disappointing, but pretty clear his feelings are unchanged.

I hope you meet someone special soon who gives you all the love and attention you deserve.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Smnz said:

A year ago i asked my crush if he was single, he politely refused me. Now i accidentally gave him a missed call and apologised to which he said its ok no worries. I further said ‘Thanks, I hope you’re doing well’ he didn’t reply and its been 3 days.  Does it mean he doesn’t care about me at all ? 

Sorry but no, he doesn't.

Was it really an accidental missed call? Or did you do it so you could send him a message?

18 hours ago, Smnz said:

Some weeks ago he probably stalked my IG, i got some notification but it quickly disappeared, i checked the username and it was him but he didn’t follow me. I thought maybe he has change of heart or lord answered my prayers this time. But no luck since he didn’t show any interest when i msged even after a long time. 

You're reading too much into it.

It was likely that he accidentally clicked on you but quickly clicked back out.

It's clear after all this time you're still holding out hope but he 100% not interested in you OP.

He never will be interested in you.

You have to accept it and let it go.

13 hours ago, basil67 said:

But for future reference, if you want a response from someone you're interested in, "Thanks, I hope you're doing well" will not likely bring one your way because it's not a question.

Absolutely. This kind of statement does not invite conversation. It is a platitude said when trying to end a conversation. 

• Like 1