Boyfriend Hanging Out at Ex Wife's House

Boyfriend Hanging Out at Ex Wife's House Hour Upon Hour. He's not paying court ordered child support and she's not putting him in jail.She still wants him .She knows about me. I think he's got to be sleeping with her. What else could be going on

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
move title content to body of post
24 minutes ago, Kimberly D said:

Boyfriend Hanging Out at Ex Wife's House Hour Upon Hour. He's not paying court ordered child support and she's not putting him in jail.She still wants him .She knows about me

How long have you been together? Do you live together? Why isn't he paying child support? How long has he been there? Does he visit his children there? How old are they? Are you concerned he was arrested? Have you heard from him? What is his explanation? 

More information would help, but based on what you've said I'm guessing he's hanging around sucking up to the ex in a bid to avoid the child support problem. Maybe have a good think about what sort of deadbeat dodges child support to the point of it potentially meaning jail time, and also think about the lack of consideration for your feelings he's showing by doing this. I suspect he's not there just because he misses his children, if he cared about them he'd be paying his share. 

Let's set aside your belief that he's sleeping with her for a second and focus on what you do know for a fact:

1. He is not fulfilling his financial responsibility as a parent.

2. He jumped into a relationship with you when there were still unresolved issues between him and his ex-wife

3. He has weak personal boundaries.

Do yourself a favor and end this relationship. And then when you're ready to date again, focus on men who are single, emotionally available, and responsible.

• Like 3
  • Author
6 hours ago, Wiseman2 said:

How long have you been together? Do you live together? Why isn't he paying child support? How long has he been there? Does he visit his children there? How old are they? Are you concerned he was arrested? Have you heard from him? What is his explanation? 

We've been together for about a year and 6 months . We are living together . My house is right across the street from his. He's not paying child support right now because he got laid off in August. His divorce was also Final in August. You asked how long has he been there been where? Yes he does visit his children at his ex-wife's house. His children are 18 10 and 12. No he hasn't been arrested I'm not concerned about that. His explanation to being over there our Point hour is that he has equipment such as tractors and things like that that needs repairing and he has to get his things out of there so he says he's trying to organize it to get it moved but hasn't done it yet he has nowhere to put it anyway.. my question is what woman that still wants her ex-husband wouldn't have been put in jail especially knowing he has a girlfriend so it makes me think he's sleeping with her. What do? you think?i

• Author
5 hours ago, glows said:

Are you sure she’s the ex or still his wife. They sound like they’re together and a family and you’re the Other Woman

That's what I'm talking about divorced but still married 

• Author
1 hour ago, Acacia98 said:

Let's set aside your belief that he's sleeping with her for a second and focus on what you do know for a fact:

1. He is not fulfilling his financial responsibility as a parent.

2. He jumped into a relationship with you when there were still unresolved issues between him and his ex-wife

3. He has weak personal boundaries.

Do yourself a favor and end this relationship. And then when you're ready to date again, focus on men who are single, emotionally available, and responsible.

That's great advice thank you for that women are so stupid sometimes

• Author
6 hours ago, basil67 said:

He sounds like a real prince.  Perhaps it would help if you explained why you actually like him?

He's fun to be with makes me laugh other than that I don't know sounds silly you know how women are

• Confused 1
17 minutes ago, Kimberly D said:

He's fun to be with makes me laugh other than that I don't know sounds silly you know how women are

I'm a woman.  Being a woman is no excuse for making foolish choices

23 minutes ago, Kimberly D said:

His explanation to being over there our Point hour is that he has equipment such as tractors and things like that that needs repairing and he has to get his things out of there so he says he's trying to organize it to get it moved but hasn't done it yet he has nowhere to put it anyway..

OK, so that's a good reason to be over there.

23 minutes ago, Kimberly D said:

my question is what woman that still wants her ex-husband wouldn't have been put in jail especially knowing he has a girlfriend so it makes me think he's sleeping with her. What do? you think?i

Your words aren't clear...perhaps there's been an auto correct fail?   How is jail and him having a girlfriend related to you thinking that he's sleeping with her?  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
45 minutes ago, Kimberly D said:

We are living together . My house is right across the street from his.  he does visit his children at his ex-wife's house.   wants her ex-husband wouldn't have been put in jail especially knowing he has a girlfriend.

People don't go to jail for affairs. Or if they are s couple of months in arrears for child support. You don't trust him, he's unemployed,  so you may want to reconsider the relationship. If he lives across the street from you, where does his wife live? 

• Author
On 10/17/2023 at 2:13 AM, Wiseman2 said:

People don't go to jail for affairs. Or if they are s couple of months in arrears for child support. You don't trust him, he's unemployed,  so you may want to reconsider the relationship. If he lives across the street from you, where does his wife live? 

She lives about 20 mins. away 

On 10/16/2023 at 11:27 PM, Kimberly D said:

This is NOT how women are! 

women, grown up women get rid of men who aren’t being responsible.

they also get rid of men who appear to be cheating!  That’s what grown up self secure women do!

• Like 3
On 10/17/2023 at 2:24 AM, Kimberly D said:

That's what I'm talking about divorced but still married 

Who's still married? Generally you don't seem to respect your BF or be happy with him. He lives across the street from you or in your house? 

How are you living together if he lives across the street? 
why would you want to date a dad who doesn’t take financial responsibility for his own children? How would you respect him?

When he takes you out - does he pay? That would be money he should pay toward supporting his kids. 

why isn’t he working? What does he spend his time doing every day? How much time does he spend looking for actual work?

• Author
On 10/17/2023 at 1:48 AM, basil67 said:

I'm a woman.  Being a woman is no excuse for making foolish choices

OK, so that's a good reason to be over there.

Your words aren't clear...perhaps there's been an auto correct fail?   How is jail and him having a girlfriend related to you thinking that he's sleeping with her?  

Bcuz he's over there hour upon hour every other day or so and she's not putting him in jail for nonpayment of child support

24 minutes ago, Kimberly D said:

Bcuz he's over there hour upon hour every other day or so and she's not putting him in jail for nonpayment of child support

That's ok. You can just tell him it's not working out. Why do you want him in jail? 

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, Kimberly D said:

So the reason you think she's sleeping with him is because he's not in jail.   Sorry, but that's just crazy thinking.   Do yo know a woman can't just "put a guy in jail" for not paying child support? 

• Like 2

this relationship doesn’t seem to be making you happy - more concerned than happy. The relationship with his ex may always look this way. 

Why don’t you end it with him?