Issues with daughter's friend who is staying with us

Hi, my daughter has a friend who has been staying with us in and off for the past year, she is 25 and we have known her most of our lives.

I work and my partner is at home.

One day the friend was suppose to catch a ride with daughter when she went to work, so she could catch up with her sister, instead she slept in and asked partner to drop her off.

A couple days later partner noticed she was staying in bed a bit and he told her to get up and he took her and meet daughter for lunch.

The other night I had not long got home from work when friend turned up, asked my partner how his day was and asked if he could take her to her eyelashes appointment and if so they would have to leave now. He did

She is housesitting for a friend for a week and she was at home having dinner and asked partner if he could take her to doctors appointment the next day, I wasn't there, he said if she couldnt find anyone else to ring him. He then stopped in next morning at house to give her his number, she did ring and he took her to appointment. 

Am I right to be having slight issues or am I being ridiculous like he said

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator

It seems like he's just being nice, however, remind him that he is not her Uber driver and to stop it.  If she can afford to have her eyelashes done and meet her daughter for lunch, she can afford her own transportation.  Do they have buses running where you are?  If so, tell your partner to suggest that to her the next time she asks for a lift.

• Author

No buses we live about 10 KMs from town. I think I saw flags because throughout our whole relationship there has always been another woman he has to help

1 hour ago, Kiki66 said:

Hi, my daughter has a friend who has been staying with us in and off for the past year, she is 25. friend turned up, asked my partner how his day was and asked if he could take her to her eyelashes appointment and if so they would have to leave now. He did

Perhaps it's time for her to move out?  It seems like she and your partner are getting a bit too close. 

He likes being needed & she's an attractive young woman.  

I think it's time you talk about the friend moving out.   

• Like 1