Will my ex ever stop sexting and being in a long distance relationship with married man?

HopelessNick

• Author
HopelessNick
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, FredEire said:

Did you tell her about your surveillance and attempts at blackmail too?

Yes. I told her everything. The snooping at work, the surveillance, the one fake blackmail, and she said I was doing it out of survival. 

She said she's been using what I did to her to deflecting blame which is narcissism. 

Edited by HopelessNick
Gebidozo
1 hour ago, HopelessNick said:

Yes. I told her everything. The snooping at work, the surveillance, the one fake blackmail, and she said I was doing it out of survival. 

She said she's been using what I did to her to deflecting blame which is narcissism. 

What does your dubious behavior have to do with survival? Does your boss even understand the meaning of that word? 

Again, you’re missing the point. It doesn’t matter whether your ex is a narcissist or not. Why are you even telling us this? Your ex’s behavior is irrelevant. It’s your behavior that needs to change, in fact your entire way of viewing love and relationship. You were in an unhealthy, codependent relationship, you are out of touch with reality, and you did things that some would describe as bordering on “insane”.

Please get professional help.

FredEire
12 minutes ago, Gebidozo said:

What does your dubious behavior have to do with survival? Does your boss even understand the meaning of that word? 

Again, you’re missing the point. It doesn’t matter whether your ex is a narcissist or not. Why are you even telling us this? Your ex’s behavior is irrelevant. It’s your behavior that needs to change, in fact your entire way of viewing love and relationship. You were in an unhealthy, codependent relationship, you are out of touch with reality, and you did things that some would describe as bordering on “insane”.

Please get professional help.

I have me doubt about the veracity of this story, as I find it hard to believe any responsible boss would listen to this version of events and say spying on a colleague to trick her into liking him and then using emotional blackmail to get what you want is A-OK and just done for survivals sake.

Either way even if it is true OP is just using it to justify his behaviour and say the relationship problems were all on her side, when the reality is it was a mix of both parties doing pretty questionable stuff. This is probably so he can tell himself he's fine to behave the same way in another relationship and he doesn't need to get help.

basil67
42 minutes ago, Gebidozo said:

I think OP's boss was just saying what OP wants to hear so that they could escape the conversation.  I know I've given BS advice in the past when I don't want to get involved 

Edited by basil67
  • Like 1
ExpatInItaly
2 hours ago, basil67 said:

I think OP's boss was just saying what OP wants to hear so that they could escape the conversation.

Or this is a rather exaggerated tale for attention on the internet

• Like 3