When to move on

Am 56 years old, dating a 44 year old from out of town got to spend weekend with her but when I ask her to stay with me she invites a friend or daughter along to stay in her second home and all I get are very short visits with her.

should I ask what is up (really like her and we do get along good) or take it as a hint to move on. How much do you discuss a issue like this. only been dating her for 2 &1/2 months. Would like to hear from tony. thanks

Bringing someone along with her on visits to you after dating you 2 1/2 months is a little odd.

If you have been behaving oddly, making a lot of sexual innuendos or suggestive remarks, or otherwise behaving in marginally threatening ways, she may feel more safe with somebody there...even at this point.

But if you've been a gentleman and both of you have been having a very good time, I think you should tell her it's OK to leave the chaperone behind. Perhaps there is a rape or some other traumatic experience in her past that makes her feel more comfortable having another person around.

At any rate, if you are to have a decent romance with her, the third person will have to go. You have no choice but to discuss this with her very sensitively.

I also don't see any reason why you can't go to see her, unless he lives with others or has children.

If after your talk, and do make it brief, she continues to bring another along, move on to someone with whom you can have a more intimate romance. Three's a crowd in my book.