A question for the guys

Miss Mojo

here's a question for all the guys, whose opinion's i really value on this site:

on the weekend one of my friends and i were debating an issue that seems to have really hit a nerve with her lately. i believe this mainly has to do with her own unfortunate experiences with guys. i'd really like some male opinions to back me up on this one!!!

she seems to think that 99% of guys cannot resist a gorgeous girl. that is, if a guy is in a relationship with a girl, even a very happy one, the temptation of a gorgeous girl would just be too much. i however, don't believe this is the always the case, and seem to think her opinion is a gross generalisation based on her own bad luck with guys and insecurities as a result of her bad luck. unfortunately, she has hit a wall with relationships and is too scared to get involved with guys because she fears that they will always find someone better, even though she is very pretty and smart and funny, herself. i just don't think my female opinion has much weight with her.

i'd really like to hear your opinions, based on your own experiences guys.

thanks!! :)

here's a question for all the guys, whose

opinion's i really value on this site: on the weekend one of my friends and i were debating an issue that seems to have really hit a nerve with her lately. i believe this mainly has to do with her own unfortunate experiences with guys. i'd really like some male opinions to back me up on this one!!! she seems to think that 99% of guys cannot resist a gorgeous girl. that is, if a guy is in a relationship with a girl, even a very happy one, the temptation of a gorgeous girl would just be too much. i however, don't believe this is the always the case, and seem to think her opinion is a gross generalisation based on her own bad luck with guys and insecurities as a result of her bad luck. unfortunately, she has hit a wall with relationships and is too scared to get involved with guys because she fears that they will always find someone better, even though she is very pretty and smart and funny, herself. i just don't think my female opinion has much weight with her. i'd really like to hear your opinions, based on your own experiences guys. thanks!! :)
Maniacal Rationalizer

I totally agree with you Miss Mojo. There are a lot of shallow people out there that are soley interested in the physical, but 99% seems pretty high. I can only speak for myself, but relationships for me are about knowing someone and sharing yourself. Not looking for the hottest babe, but looking for the sexiest mind. If I am in a caring relationship there isn't a supermodel alive that could tempt me away.

I think your friend should really think about the guys she has gotten invovled with. Maybe there is a reason for this pattern of falling for men who are obviously only interested in a pretty face.

Have a grrreat day!

Most guys would admire a nice looking lady but there is hardly enough time in the day to give each and every one of them the time they might require from a man. Therefore, by necessity, it is imperative that each male resist most of them.

With a disciplined regimen of proper diet, exercise, and lifestyle, it would be a safe assumption that the number of gorgeous women that a man could accomodate could rise somewhat.

However, it wouldn't be long before he was drained of all energy and would again, by necessity, have a need to pay them no attention.

The Enclyclopaedia Britannica does not show research which sets for in exact numbers the percentage of men who cannot resist a gorgeous girl. Therefore, it would be impossible to find an authority of sufficient calibre to mediate this discussion.

I do hope in the near future such research adequate documentation will be made available so the world can know with reasonable certainty the percentage of men who have no will power...and you will be able to settle things with your friend.

I don't know if I am on the right track here, but your friend seems to think that a guy that is in a committed relationship with someone would break up with that person to be with someone else he finds (more) attractive in some way. Well, that does happen all the time. Who knows what the percentage is? And it's not just guys that do it. It goes both ways.

I don't know how much looks has to do with it. I think more than anything, it has to do with a person's overall satisfaction with their current relationship. If the person is not satisfied with their current relationship, the wind could blow and they would be gone, if they thought it would lead to something better. Heck, some people leave committed relationships for almost any reason they can come up with. In that case, they are just waiting for an excuse to break up, gorgeous or not.

David Gevert

I totally agree with you Miss Mojo. There

are a lot of shallow people out there that are soley interested in the physical, but 99% seems pretty high. I can only speak for myself, but relationships for me are about knowing someone and sharing yourself. Not looking for the hottest babe, but looking for the sexiest mind. If I am in a caring relationship there isn't a supermodel alive that could tempt me away. I think your friend should really think about the guys she has gotten invovled with. Maybe there is a reason for this pattern of falling for men who are obviously only interested in a pretty face. Have a grrreat day!

I'm with you. I've got a tendency to first be attracted to someone's personality, and then once I've done that, I subconsciously find things that I like about her physically, and then to me, she's the sexiest girl alive.

MM-

I'm not a guy, but perhaps this might help. Men and women both are "hard-wired" to look at and admire beauty. It's innate and with us from infancy. It's annoying, but remember that glances are one thing, gawking or interacting with the said beauty is something else.

liquid dream

Well, when I'm in a relationship with a woman, I let her know that I'm going to look. I mean, what man doesn't like to admire? But there is a weekness for men. For most guys, the prettier the woman, the more intimidating she is. Guys have a bigger fear of rejection than a desire for pleasure. Well, thats the way I see it anyway.

here's a question for all the guys, whose opinion's i really value on this site: on the weekend one of my friends and i were debating an issue that seems to have really hit a nerve with her lately. i believe this mainly has to do with her own unfortunate experiences with guys. i'd really like some male opinions to back me up on this one!!! she seems to think that 99% of guys cannot resist a gorgeous girl. that is, if a guy is in a relationship with a girl, even a very happy one, the temptation of a gorgeous girl would just be too much. i however, don't believe this is the always the case, and seem to think her opinion is a gross generalisation based on her own bad luck with guys and insecurities as a result of her bad luck. unfortunately, she has hit a wall with relationships and is too scared to get involved with guys because she fears that they will always find someone better, even though she is very pretty and smart and funny, herself. i just don't think my female opinion has much weight with her. i'd really like to hear your opinions, based on your own experiences guys. thanks!! :)

thanks to all who responded :) you've just reinforced what i believe too - every person will naturally admire beauty, but whether or not you want to take that further is another thing...and not all guys are that shallow that they will stuff their girlfriend for someone who's a "babe".

thanks again guys (and girl) :)!!!! i'll be showing these posts to her for sure now....my female opinion wasn't a waste of breath after all!!!