need ideas

I've been wanting to cook some vegetarian food for awhile but some of it I can hardly make cause my father dont like the smell of it.I dont think it smells at all.In fact it just smells like food cooking like vegetables.I had to smell his meat so whats fair is fair .So if I have to smell his stuff he can at least smell mine.But im not allowed to use his microwave to heat up some of my vegatarian food cause he dont like the smell which is unfair and it limits me to choices of food. What should I do? Its so unfair.

All humans are entitled to their olfactory privacy. However, the kitchen is a little different.

I have seldom smelled very offensive vegetable cooking odors. However, if your father doesn't mind the smell of cooked meat, hang a pot roast by some string at the kitchen door so he will mostly smell that. Or, you could put a small piece of meat on a string and tie it around his head so the meat is just under his nose. That way, he will only smell meat while you are cooking the veggies.

Let your father know how important it is to eat veggies, how healthy it is. Some use of spray deoderizers may be of some help as well.

I agree that if you have to smell his stuff he should have to smell yours, that is if we are talking cooking here.

I suspect your dad is one of those guys who, when he passes gas, blames it on the dog. That always burns me when people don't take responsiblity for flatulence. Let him know that cooking veggies smells lots better than when he passes gas and blames the dog.

Buy your own microwave, tell your dad how childish he's acting, reheat in a pot on the stove, or move out cause I'm sure you follow his rules if you're in his house.

I've been wanting to cook some vegetarian food for awhile but some of it I can hardly make cause my father dont like the smell of it.I dont think it smells at all.In fact it just smells like food cooking like vegetables.I had to smell his meat so whats fair is fair .So if I have to smell his stuff he can at least smell mine.But im not allowed to use his microwave to heat up some of my vegatarian food cause he dont like the smell which is unfair and it limits me to choices of food. What should I do? Its so unfair.