Is there still a chance between us???

Con's_Gucci_Girl

Con's_Gucci_Girl

I have a question, I just recently reunited with a longtime family friend. Actually, he's a step cousin. Not blood related but he's still a part of the family. Well, we grew up together. i am 2 years older than he is and when we were growing up, I was about 14 and he was 12 we noticed that we kinda had a "crush" on each other. He told me that he liked me even way before that.

So we started to experiment with one another in terms of what it would be like to kiss (first kiss for each other). So we did. We developed such a deep bond that even when his dad was stationed in Thailand, we would write to each other every single day. It was like a puppy love type of thing. Both his parent and mine knew about what was going on and they just passed it along as puppy love for two kids and it will eventually pass.

We hadn't seen each other then for another 4 to 5 years. We were young adults the next time we saw each other. I had a child with my boyfriend at the age of 18 and that kinda made things weird. But when we reunited, at first I wouldn't let anything happen and I don't think he did either but then things started to heat up again. We got back into the "crush" phase and such intense sexual attraction to one another that it was so hard to keep away. We would have our little secret kissing spots that no one knew about. But the family still had their asumptions and still passed it along as "puppy" love. I mean we weren't blood related so it wasn't that bad.

Well, he moved back home again and so did i and we talked to each other frequently again but it ended when I got pregnant again with my boyfriend (same boyfriend) and this time I don't think that my step cousin liked it so we quit talking for another 3 years.

Well, just recently, we had a family reunion. We saw each other again. And this time we had contacted each other months prior to the reunion. We had both anticipated the meeting. He had just gotten divorced from his wife of 2 years and he was depressed. I told him that I'd help him through it.

Well, when we did meet, things were NOT the way we had planned prior to the reunion. He has changed from good guy to good but very cocky. He was kinda cruel to me but he says he did this so that no one would get any ideas. He hit on so many girls in front of me and told me that I had a flat ass. but behind closed doors he was nice to me. he gave me one kiss on the lips but shortly after that he said "I can't beleive we just did that."

I asked him why he is mean and he said that I can thank his ex-wife for the way he acts. He doesn't want to get hurt again I guess. But now that we have gone back to our hometowns once agian, he tells me that he misses me so much. He says he cares about me and that htings were wierd this time. But things were still good. He always used to tell me how beautiful I was but this time he didn't once. I am confused. When he left he also said that he wished he could've made love to me. We didn't but that is what we had talked about prior to the reunion. It never happened. Now he says he wished he could've.... I am confused. I really do care about him a lot. I have never felt this way with someone in my life, not even my b/f with whom i've been with for 8 years on and off.

My step cousin and i have a really long history with one another, one filled with lots of love and deep emotional bondage. What do you think our future will be like? I can't say that I am in love with him but I do care about him so much that it feels like love. I wish he was the same as he was when I saw him last before this time. Can anyone offer any advice? Thanks!