I would like to thank Tony and Sarah for their excellent advise.

Average Joe

Average Joe

Well, thank you guys for giving me insight on my situation. Both of you made some excellent points. Just to let you know, I wrote her an email that simply told her that this relationship has become too weird for me to continue with it. I mentioned the fact that she's not making time to see me. "But I bet she makes time for her friends that like to play head games with me." I also mentioned that she has shown no concern to my serious medical situation. And I said that if she really cared, she would've at least tried to contact me. Point is, I'm not even sure how she feels about being with me. And it crushes my confidence with her. And I'm the type of guy that if I have to tell someone to stay away from my girl, she wouldn't be my girl. So I'm just out of that relationship and I'm going to enjoy the rest of my life...however long that may be. If she wants to be apart of that, cool, but if not, that is cool too. I'm not even going to worry about it. I'm going to find a woman that appreciates it when a guy is good to her and respects her. Because that is all I've ever done for her. So that's that, I don't mean to ramble, I just wanted to fill you guys in on the way I feel about it, and how I'm going about handling it. Thanks again for your suggestions!!!

YOU WRITE: "I'm going to find a woman that appreciates it when a guy is good to her and respects her."

There are a few of those out there. But you've got a lot of competition in finding them. Good luck to you.

I still think you should have talked to her in person or on the phone. What the hell is it with all the email stuff? That is so very impersonal. You never know if the recipient has received it.

It would be really nice to know why this gal weirded out on you. If you find out, let us know.

Average Joe

So your saying women don't like being respected and treated well? I mean I'm not saying that I'm going to be hounding one every single day or anything like that. But if I do get into a new relationship, I'm going to give her space and try my best to make her happy. Few women appreciate that in a guy? Do they like a guy who doesn't show intrest in them? If so, then why do they go on talking about how they want all that mushy stuff? Dude, women are weird. Why would they say that they want one thing and really want something else?

YOU WRITE: "I'm going to find a woman that appreciates it when a guy is good to her and respects her." There are a few of those out there. But you've got a lot of competition in finding them. Good luck to you. I still think you should have talked to her in person or on the phone. What the hell is it with all the email stuff? That is so very impersonal. You never know if the recipient has received it.

It would be really nice to know why this gal weirded out on you. If you find out, let us know.

1. "So your saying women don't like being respected and treated well?"

Didn't say that at all. But they want to be treated well by the RIGHT person under the RIGHT circumstances when they are ready. You shouldn't take everything you read here literally...I often write tongue in cheek but only those who know me well actually know that.

2. "But if I do get into a new relationship, I'm going to give her space and try my best to make her happy."

You can't make another person happy. They have to do that for themselves. Be yourself and don't go overboard by being too nice.

3. "Few women appreciate that in a guy?"

No, most women appreciate that in a guy but that's not what puts the sizzle in their brain that makes them want romance with that person. If a guy is truly crafty, smart, clever, etc., he will temper kindness and the desire to make her happy with aloofness, he will be available yet a challenge, he will be generous but only intermittently, he will be dependable but not predictable...and he will do all this in such a way that will drive the woman nuts and make her want him like no other.

4. "Do they like a guy who doesn't show intrest in them?"

Not really. They are just driven nuts by curiosity, wondering why this one guy isn't interested when all the others are. It's a mysterious attraction for the unavailable and it has nothing to do with an interest in them necessarily. Humans always want what they can't have. It has more to do with rejected child syndrome. Humans strive for acceptance and they are sometimes more apt to work for acceptance from someone who is not interested in them than to work for continued acceptance from somebody who already is interested. Go figure.

5. "If so, then why do they go on talking about how they want all that mushy stuff?"

Oh, they do, they really do. Everybody wants that sort of thing...from the RIGHT person. If you are not the right person, if you don't strike a woman's fancy just the right way...chemically and otherwise...you don't stand a chance in hell. I also must tell you that even those who aren't so interested will usually offer you a half-hour window of opportunity at a weak moment if you hang around long enough. Yep, you have a chance with just about any woman if you play your cards right. But if you don't make your move at precisely the time their hormones and emotions are at the proper mix, you're dead in the water.

6. "Dude, women are weird. Why would they say that they want one thing and really want something else?"

For the same reason that men say they want a kind, warm, sincere, generous, loving, tender, thoughtful, considerate, forgiving, open minded, intelligent woman and pass over a dozen of them in favor of the town bitch who doesn't want anything to do with them except to screw them over.

God Bless You.