I'm confused on " Intelligence" topic

wandering

Can you tell me what the difference between " smart streets", and " common sense"?

Since some people said that " book smart" is only clothes of " smart street" , is that truth?

YOU ASK: "Can you tell me what the difference between " smart streets", and " common sense"?"

Actually, it's "street smarts."

Street smarts differ in a minor ways from common sense. A person who is street smart knows the ways of the world, is not naive, is always a step ahead of himself and others, is shrewd and is capable of tackling almost any problem that he is confronted with. A person who is street smart is generally aware of the types of people there are in the world and does not take everything at face value and everybody at their word.

A street smart person knows just how everything is going to happen, even if the facts indicate otherwise.

Common sense refers to a more basic quality people have in which they intuitively know the correct, logical and proper way to deal with a matter.

I think a lot more people with street smarts have common sense as well but many people with common sense may not necessarily have streets smarts.

It doesn't make a lot of difference. If you aren't on top of things in this world, you get smashed into the pavement.

2. "Since some people said that " book smart" is only clothes of " smart street" , is that truth?"

A lot of people who have knowledge gained from books, or book smarts, are rather devoid of street smarts and common sense as well.

It's real hard to develop street smarts and common sense if you're at the library all day. I guess it depends on what you are reading.

People who read mostly Harry Potter have little common sense...but they sure can make things happen.