Male Birth Control Pill

Finally!I've been doing some research on the "mythical" birth control pill for men and it's not a myth. I requested info from Kaiser on the Male pill and there is a drug called Nifediine. The drug is a treatment for high blood pressure, but has show to make the male sperm sterile. Sold under the brand names Procardia and Adalat, it's one of a class of drugs called calcium-channel blockers, which are among the most widely prescribed drugs for the treatment of heart disease and hypertension. The drugs act by stopping the movement of calcium through cell membranes, which is important in sperm function. The calcium blockers induce sperm to produce more cholesterol. That in turn, hardens their membranes so that when they encounter an egg, they're unable to fuse with it.

This drug although used to treat high blood pressure is the latest in a reversible birth control for men.

You can call the kaiser Reference Center- Academic and request the full article taken from the McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.

It's possible that the medication has that effect in many cases, but it really depends on how each person's body metabolizes it.

You are putting yourself in serious peril if you put stuff like this out for unwitting persons to believe as truth without all the warnings, side effects, and exceptions.

Fact is, calcium channel blockers have many side effects including bradycardia...a very slow pulse rate... depression...and even death in a few cases. These medications can also cause some men to be unable to have an erection to begin with. They are not designed, meant as, or prescribed for birth control purposes by any licensed medical doctor (who wants to keep his license).

This drug has not been approved for male birth control. While many men who are taking it with satisfaction may have attained temporary or permanent sterility, their doctors did not give them this medication for this purpose.

I am impressed with your excitement over your research but I urge you to go back into your lab, review your work, and rewrite your findings in a more comprehensive and medically accepted fashion.