should I call my ex bf on his birthday?

Anonymous

Don't you think i should call my ex bf on his birthday if requested to break up without any explaination last year? We haven't contacted since we broke up around 1 year ago

Not only should you not do so but it would be highly inappropriate to do so if you haven't talked since your break up.

What you can do for both of you on his birthday is resolve to forget all his future birthdays and never think about him again if you can help it.

I know this sounds cold but he is in your distant past and you must move forward in your life. Being stuck in the past is counter productive.

Calling him to wish him a happy birthday could be a particularly painful experience, especially if his present girlfriend answers.

I agree with Tony.

DO NOT CALL HIM to wish him happy birthday. If you do, you will regret it. And then I'll say "I told you so".

Trust me! I'm speaking from experience.

No don't call him! Unless there's something you need from him like maybe some disputed issue of money or belongings that's unresolved, you don't need to do that. He broke up with you and you got no explanation so why should you want to talk to him? I know you must have been hurt and without a clue but if you call now you may wind up feeling worse than when you first broke up. It sounds like you are doing well after a year of not seeing him so why do you want to venture back to that point in your life? It sounds like you got no closure at all and you must have had so many questions but you didn't get an explanation but it's been a whole year and I think you should leave it behind. Leave it and let go of it in the final sense, this means don't give him or your former relationship another thought. Concentrate on you and building a new relationship(s), I think you will be happier for it.

I hope that helps. Best of luck. Please whatever you do, don't venture into opening old wounds up again because you deserve a lot better!

Don't you think i should call my ex bf on his birthday if requested to break up without any explaination last year? We haven't contacted since we broke up around 1 year ago

I am going to give you the very same advice I was given-don't do it! It gives him too much power to know you have been thinking about him all this time after he dumped your ass. Hang onto your pride girl. Let him think that you forgot all about him. I don't know if that was the exact advice I was given but it was damn close. I thought it was a good piece.

Thanks U2-wherever you are!