BF cheated

I have been going out with my BF for 5 months. We got into a big fight after going out for about 2 months, and nearly broke up. During this time, he had sex with his ex-girlfriend. They were drunk and it was only once. He just told me yesterday, 3 months later. He was practically crying and says he loves me and didn't tell me when it happened because he knew i'd break up with him. I don't know whether or not to break up with him, or try to work it out. He says he's willing to never talk to her again, but they are sorta friends and she's dating one of his band members right now, so i know that that would be difficult. I'm so confused. I think I love him, but I can't get it out of my head. Any advice?

I have been going out with my BF for 5 months. We got into a big fight after going out for about 2 months, and nearly broke up. During this time, he had sex with his ex-girlfriend. They were drunk and it was only once. He just told me yesterday, 3 months later. He was practically crying and says he loves me and didn't tell me when it happened because he knew i'd break up with him. I don't know whether or not to break up with him, or try to work it out. He says he's willing to never talk to her again, but they are sorta friends and she's dating one of his band members right now, so i know that that would be difficult. I'm so confused. I think I love him, but I can't get it out of my head. Any advice?

Well I think the fact that he told you and you were sort of broken up at that time....Give it a try ONLY if you know you can accept that it happened!