Why does love hurt so much when it's real?

I don't think love is as blind as people who are in love and drunk or on drugs at the same time.

I also think love makes people desire to be blind...they really don't want to see or hear reality. That's why it's nice when people madly in love return to earth. The love that's left then is the real stuff!!!

i think love hurts so much when it is real when maybe the other person might not have the same level of love that you might have for the other person. sometimes one person loves much more deeply than the other. than there is the timing. you might be in love with someone and think they are in love with you but then you find out they love someone else. i think a lot has to do with timing so if the timing is right for both people i believe love can be real and not hurt but be fulfilling. it seems like there are all stages of love, enfatuation, adoration, maybe it also has to do with what stage of love your are in. maybe a more developed long term love is different than the initial attraction and gotta have you way of feeling in love with someone. i guess like it's been said it all depends on where you are and how you define love for yourself and also how you define hurt or joy. what do you think?

What are your calls on this topic? Some poeple said that love was blind