Questions on masturbation. Do I masterbate too much???

worried woman! Help§

worried woman! Help§

how often do most women masterbate? Why is it more taboo to admit it than men?

I masterbate once every second day, sometimes more, sometimes less depending on my moods and self esteem. If I am really depressed I will do it to the point of exhaustion. Is this normal? Am I a freak?

When life is going well I find that I don't do it as often and I have more energy to put into other things in my life.

Why do I do this so much when things in life go wrong? Isn't there anything else I can do to combat this compulsion? Help!!

how often do most women masterbate? Why is

it more taboo to admit it than men? I masterbate once every second day, sometimes more, sometimes less depending on my moods and self esteem. If I am really depressed I will do it to the point of exhaustion. Is this normal? Am I a freak? When life is going well I find that I don't do it as often and I have more energy to put into other things in my life. Why do I do this so much when things in life go wrong? Isn't there anything else I can do to combat this compulsion? Help!!

I don't know that it is taboo, but it should be known that masturbation IS a different subject for men and women. There is quite a bit more consistency in the motivation and patterns that men exhibit. While it would be very unusual for a male 15-25 to not masturbate, it would not be much of an issue for a female. The last numbers I am familiar with suggest that essentially all men but only about 2/3 of women masturbate or have masturbated. This is fairly consistent with the notion that men do it as sort of a "maintenance" activity while women tie more feeling into the act. Masturbating a few times a week isn't necessarily a problem. The important thing to be aware of is whether or not this habit is interfering with your normal life. It might be ok to use it as a mild coping technique, so long as you aren't glossing over your feelings instead of dealing with them. I wouldn't classify you as a "freak" or suffering from a compulsion. Just be aware of your emotions and how you are dealing with them.