house is haunted,im scared.

Today im here alone in the house.I dont like it.I keep hearing stuff.I smell that cigar smell that my grandfather used to have when he came into this house.I just went into the bathroom to brush my teeth and I came back out cause I was scared.cause I smell a real strong smell that smell like him ,.it was him lightning up a cigar this is driving me crazy.a ghost is in here.the smell was so strong it scared me.i know its him.im not going in there for awhile im to scared.

I don't believe in ghosts but if I did and I was in your position, I would call Ghostbusters. They will do a complete survey of your home and give you an estimate of what it would cost to rid your home of all spirits.

It's very likely what you smell and hear is in your imagination. Yes, anxiety and a keen imagination can cause you to smell and hear things that aren't around.

If you really get to feeling uncomfortable, call a friend to come over or go spend the night with a friend or relative.

There also may be some metaphysical experts in your area that could tell you from a psychic standpoint if they sense spirits in your home. Look in the yellow pages under metaphysicians or spiritualists...but don't let them rip you off. You can also call a metaphysical church for help with this problem...they are listed in the yellow pages under churches.

• Author
I don't believe in ghosts but if I did and I was in your position, I would call Ghostbusters. They will do a complete survey of your home and give you an estimate of what it would cost to rid your home of all spirits. It's very likely what you smell and hear is in your imagination. Yes, anxiety and a keen imagination can cause you to smell and hear things that aren't around. If you really get to feeling uncomfortable, call a friend to come over or go spend the night with a friend or relative. There also may be some metaphysical experts in your area that could tell you from a psychic standpoint if they sense spirits in your home. Look in the yellow pages under metaphysicians or spiritualists...but don't let them rip you off. You can also call a metaphysical church for help with this problem...they are listed in the yellow pages under churches.

That sounds like a good idea.

hope that cigar smell leaves soon so I can go in there. I need to pee big time.if not ill find a way to go:) i dont want to sniff it while im going. thank for the advice.

Don't be scared dear. Most ghosts are harmless and if this is your grandfather he is probably just looking out for you because he loves you. If it bothers you then you must confront it and ask it what it wants (you don't have to do this alone) and tell it to leave if you feel uncomfortable.

I've never seen a ghost before, but this is the advice I've heard and read about.

I mostly just read here. Aren't you the person (Patty) who posted this big long post a while back about how embarassed you were cause you had to use a public bathroom and had diarrhea? Are you the one who went on and on and on and didn't know how you were going to get over the embarassment, though you'd never obviously run into any of these poor saps who smelled your stank, right? And now you're paranoid because you smell cigar smoke and think it's a ghost, and you're too afraid to pee?

The smell of smoke is probably your overactive brain on fire. Do you hear voices too? Anyone ever suggest that you're paranoid? Overly anxious? A drama queen? In need of Paxil or ECT? =)

Yeah, look up Ghostbusters in the phone book. If no luck there, call up "Bill Murray", he's the best Ghostbuster in town.

Today im here alone in the house.I dont like it.I keep hearing stuff.I smell that cigar smell that my grandfather used to have when he came into this house.I just went into the bathroom to brush my teeth and I came back out cause I was scared.cause I smell a real strong smell that smell like him ,.it was him lightning up a cigar this is driving me crazy.a ghost is in here.the smell was so strong it scared me.i know its him.im not going in there for awhile im to scared.

YOU WROTE: "hope that cigar smell leaves soon so I can go in there."

I know the feeling. It's really hard for me to pee as well when there is cigar smell. I always keep a can of aerosol room spray deodarent in the bathroom for that specific purpose.

Get you some and when the ghosts smoke, use the spray. The smoking is probably what killed them anyway.

Show the ghost all the posts that you have written on here recently. He will get so fed up, he'll leave on his own.

YOU WRITE: "Show the ghost all the posts that you have written on here recently. He will get so fed up, he'll leave on his own."

And what makes you assume this particular ghost is male? Females can smoke cigars too and male ghosts are far more considerate about not spooking people. I really don't think this is her grandfather. It is just a coincidence that her grandfather smoked cigars. So did Winston Churchill, who in my opinion should have smoked Winstons.

A good detective would know this could be the ghost of anyone in the past who smoked a cigar...male or female. This will be a difficult case to crack.

• Author
I mostly just read here. Aren't you the person (Patty) who posted this big long post a while back about how embarassed you were cause you had to use a public bathroom and had diarrhea? Are you the one who went on and on and on and didn't know how you were going to get over the embarassment, though you'd never obviously run into any of these poor saps who smelled your stank, right? And now you're paranoid because you smell cigar smoke and think it's a ghost, and you're too afraid to pee? The smell of smoke is probably your overactive brain on fire. Do you hear voices too? Anyone ever suggest that you're paranoid? Overly anxious? A drama queen? In need of Paxil or ECT? =) Yeah, look up Ghostbusters in the phone book. If no luck there, call up "Bill Murray", he's the best Ghostbuster in town.

thank you for the kind words