Brother's Best Friend

So I have had a crush on my next door neighbor since I was 14 (and I'm now 23). He's also my brother's best friend. I moved away but I still come back for holidays and he's usually around for the same reason. So on Christmas I was hanging out w/him and my brother and a few other friends. We had a few drinks, but I got a vibe the whole time that he was into me. So finally my brother and the friends went home and he made a move and we made out for a half hour or so. So, the problem is, my brother is crazy protective and I'm fairly positive he would totally not approve of ANYTHING going on between us. He comes back on Friday (he's out of town) and I have a feeling something may happen again. I really enjoyed what happened, but would it seriously damage my relationship w/my brother? (Any insight from brothers would be appreciated) Should I make sure nothing happens on Friday? I'd love to hear opinions!

-Alesha

slubberdegullion

Your brother sounds like a very caring individual. What you may see as crazy protective is probably just watching out for you from his point of view.

I have a younger sister, and I think I felt pretty much the same way about her. (Still do, actually, though I really don't need to anymore; she's been married for years to a great guy, and they have a couple of great kids.)

But get your ducks in a row first. Talk with your brother's friend and see, together, if you want to take your relationship to the next level. If not, problem solved. If so, read on...

IMHO, it would probably be best if both of you talk with your brother. Let him know that you're very appreciative of his concern for you and that you've always felt close to him. Then both you and your man can tell your brother that you two are involved in a relationship, and you'd like his blessing and support.