Asking for someone's email

I met a man today, who is a long time family friend of a girl I was working with. He was a nice guy, in town for Christmas with his family. He hung out with us the majority of the day at work so I got to talk to him a good bit. He was very interesting to talk to. He leaves tomorrow to go back home, so it's highly unlikely I will see this man again. And let me be clear that I'm not physically attracted to this man. He was just cool. Nothing more than that. My question is, would it be weird or strange or out of place for me to ask my friend if I can get his email address? I realize I don't really know this man, but he we had a few good conversations and I would have liked to talk to him more, without all the distractions. I don't want to seem like a freaky stalker or invade anyone's space by asking for his email. What do ya think?

ConfusedAddiction

I think you should just ask for the email, just be daring, who cares what people think of you! If you want to talk to him more, then there is your chance!

-confused <33

By 'his family' do you mean 'wife and kids'?

If so, then do NOT start emailing him. Millions of affairs have started with 'we're just friends' or 'I didn't start out being attracted to him'.

Yeah, that's a little sticky. A married man with a family usually doesn't continue to e-mail female friends he just met.

It might be different if you'd been friends for a long time.

• Author

He is not married (and never has been for that matter) and he has no kids. Is it still weird? I don't want him to think I'm trying to hit on him. He's just one of those people you want to be friends with. He's unlike anyone I have ever known. I wouldn't even ask for his email if he was married though.

You two could exchange emails, and make it known that you really liked him as a friend ,and wanted to keep in touch with him!!

i would say go for it

i met a girl during a college tour and we hit it off very well. we talked alot and i got a good vibe from her, the only thing was she was quite a few states away from where i lived. The only regret i have was that i never asked her for her email or aim/msn screenname.