Long distance girlfriend looking for other men when I can't send money

Kevin44

Hello everyone.. I have been dating this girl from Ukraine for 6 years. She has a daughter from previous relationship. I have looked after them emotionally financially for 6 years. Holidays paid clothes rent mobile phones laptops. And a lot more. Just before Christmas I broke my leg at work. And I told her I could not give her all the money every week as I was.not working.. she said to me that she will go work on dating apps talking to other men who will pay coins to talk to her. They have these sites in Ukraine!! You pay per minute to talk to beautiful ladies. I was shocked and disappointed. And All she said to me it’s just communication. Now I don’t agree with this but she feels comfortable doing this. So I told her our relationship is over as I think this is a form or cheating. I feel disrespected. For all I’ve done for her and her daughter. Am I wrong here. I need advice especially from other ladies? 

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
basil67

Let's backtrack a bit - you say that you're "dating".  What exactly does this entail?

Do you live near/with each other and see each other regularly?  Does she have a job?  Is it sufficient to pay her bills?  If not, why not?  And why haven't you married her after 6 years of dating?

• Like 1
  • Author
Kevin44

I live in Ireland she lives in Ukraine. Yes before the war started we saw each other quite regularly. The average wage in Ukraine is 350 euro per month. I was giving her 600 euro per week. But when I broke my leg I told her I’d give her 300 per week so yes she can live on that.. as with Marriage I was married before and so was she we won’t don’t want to get married again.. 

basil67

I'm afraid that giving someone money for nothing does not entitle you to having them stick around during hard times.   Was Ireland taking Ukrainian refugees during the war?  If so, why didn't she come with her daughter to commit to you?  

I'm a woman and the whole idea of paying the living costs of a woman overseas completely confounds me.  I cannot fathom why you chose to do this when she could have been seeing other men all along.   

I think you've been had

• Like 1
  • Author
Kevin44

Yes I agree with you totally!! My heart is broken for been so stupid. Ukraine ladies seem to have a habit of using foreign men just for money!!! 
thank you for your support 

basil67
4 minutes ago, Kevin44 said:

Yes I agree with you totally!! My heart is broken for been so stupid. Ukraine ladies seem to have a habit of using foreign men just for money!!! 
thank you for your support 

Honestly, you got what you paid for:  Attention from a pretty woman saying how much she appreciates you.  You weren't even getting sex out of the deal 

Edited by basil67
ExpatInItaly

She is using you for money, without any doubt. 

You need to realize this is not the love of your life, and let her go.

d0nnivain

You were an ATM, not a BF.  When the money ran out, so did her "love".  You are much better off without it.  

Look at it this way:  You just got a 2,400 Euro per month raise by getting rid of her.  

Edited by d0nnivain
  • Like 1