Very uncertain

Holly7474
Posted (edited)

I met a woman at a job I had last year. We both started around the same time. She was doing an internship at this job. Every time she would see me she would initiate conversation. It got to the point we would talk in her office. She would tell me how nice my picture on my work ID looked, How much she liked talking to me and asked if she could sit by me at work lunch/trainings. I abruptly left the job on very short notice. A few months later I called her at this job and she stated she wondered what happened to me. She said I was free to call her any time while she was still at this internship. She even talked about keeping in touch after she left this company when the internship was over. On the last day of her internship I called her and told her I really enjoyed talking to her and wanted to stay in touch, as this was the last day she would be at this company. She said "definitely". I gave her my cell phone number and I requested to follow her on her Instagram account(Which is a private account). It's been a few weeks and no call and I discovered she did not accept my Instagram follow request. It's not that I am so vain that I expected this female to call me ASAP but I expect a call at some point. I was really surprised when she did not accept my Instagram friend request.

I am just very confused. I didn't think person was in love with me but she really seemed to enjoy talking to me and brought up the idea of staying in touch when she left the company.

I am a male and she is a female

Edited by Holly7474
Left something out
Acacia98

Give it a couple of months. When people are transitioning professionally or in other ways (for all you know, she could be in the middle of a big move), staying in touch may not be on their list of priorities. If a couple of months go by and you haven't heard anything, just let it go. Sometimes people simply don't see the point in investing in friendships or relationships when they're no longer in close proximity.

basil67

I wouldn't take too much stock in what she does on IG.  She may hardly use it.  

I'm wondering why the onus is on her to reach out to you.  If you really want to see her, call her and ask if you can take her to dinner.