Is my married boss crossing lines? updated)

stillafool

You've made this thread 3 times.  You're going to get the same answers.

stillafool

Why do you have 4 threads all saying the same thing going?  Do you not like the answers given?

• Like 4
smackie9

ewwwww girl come on. This guy is a creep. You know he's being a purvey boss. So gross. He's being disgusting. 

NuevoYorko

Why are you engaging with this man when you're already training at a new workplace?   

NuevoYorko
16 minutes ago, stillafool said:

Why do you have 4 threads all saying the same thing going?  Do you not like the answers given?

different names too.  

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Author
doingtherightthing
15 minutes ago, stillafool said:

I liked the answers and agreed with them.
I posted in 2 different forums because wasn’t sure under which one it would be accepted or applied. 
doesn’t matter now, as  it’s obvious that according to people , boss is still a creep. 

I literally thought that the explanation of his behavior would be for some reason “valid” 

• Author
doingtherightthing
5 minutes ago, NuevoYorko said:

different names too.  

I initially created a different account to post this recent post without realizing I wasn’t allowed to create multiple accounts. I got a warning and thought that my other posts got deleted so I signed into my original account and posted here. 
Wasn’t trying to be annoying here. 

NuevoYorko
Posted (edited)

So you're still working there and putting up with his advances?  

I'm pretty sure that you know "physical touch" is not a professional way to show appreciation for an employee or colleague in a workplace, especially in the very careful environments we currently have in order to curtail sexual harassment.  

Hugging co-workers - well, okay, if everybody is onboard with hugging.   I doubt that everyone is, though.  

Edited by NuevoYorko
  • Like 1
happyhorizons
3 hours ago, doingtherightthing said:

I initially created a different account to post this recent post without realizing I wasn’t allowed to create multiple accounts. I got a warning and thought that my other posts got deleted so I signed into my original account and posted here. 
Wasn’t trying to be annoying here. 

I don't think you annoyed anyone.  I hope that the Boss' behavior has stopped and that you have some peace at work.  Are things better?

• Author
doingtherightthing
4 hours ago, happyhorizons said:

I don't think you annoyed anyone.  I hope that the Boss' behavior has stopped and that you have some peace at work.  Are things better?

Yes, things have improved and I am learning to be more affirmative when it comes down to my boundaries and really knowing when to walk way finally. 

• Like 1
happyhorizons
7 minutes ago, doingtherightthing said:

Yes, things have improved and I am learning to be more affirmative when it comes down to my boundaries and really knowing when to walk way finally. 

That is great news. Nobody deserves to be treated poorly especially by a boss. It really takes a very low character person to do things like this Boss did. At his core, he’s a coward.

happyhorizons

Always remember OP that you deserve to be treated with respect and dignity first and foremost.😀

• Like 1
stillafool
19 hours ago, doingtherightthing said:

Then why do you continue to make this thread everywhere?

• Like 1
happyhorizons
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, stillafool said:

I think she’s on the right path now. I hope somebody teaches her boss a lesson on how to treat ladies.

Edited by happyhorizons
  • Author
doingtherightthing
4 hours ago, stillafool said:

Because, even though things have improved, the conversation about 5 “love” languages to be able to show appreciation and recognition at work from my boss was confusing and I wanted to hear people’s perspectives.  Im navigating my life to my best of my ability and I come here to hear people’s advice. 
If you’re so bothered by my posts, just ignore them. Stop leaving passive aggressive questions on them. 
Thank you 

happyhorizons
2 minutes ago, doingtherightthing said:

Because, even though things have improved, the conversation about 5 “love” languages to be able to show appreciation and recognition at work from my boss was confusing and I wanted to hear people’s perspectives.  Im navigating my life to my best of my ability and I come here to hear people’s advice. 
If you’re so bothered by my posts, just ignore them. Stop leaving passive aggressive questions on them. 
Thank you 

You are always welcome and hopefully, you have gotten some reasonably good advice that can help you.

• Author
doingtherightthing
10 minutes ago, happyhorizons said:

I think she’s on the right path now. I hope somebody teaches her boss a lesson on how to treat ladies.

Thank you. The thing is, it seems in my boss’ mind, he was treating me “correctly”. As he mentioned, the physical touch is there because of the 5 professional love languages. His execution was wrong though. 

happyhorizons
11 minutes ago, doingtherightthing said:

Thank you. The thing is, it seems in my boss’ mind, he was treating me “correctly”. As he mentioned, the physical touch is there because of the 5 professional love languages. His execution was wrong though. 

His execution was creepy and unacceptable. You must realize that he is in the wrong not you.

• Author
doingtherightthing
16 minutes ago, happyhorizons said:

His execution was creepy and unacceptable. You must realize that he is in the wrong not you.

Yea, I realize it. However, besides that, I do enjoy working there. Plus with the promotion offered with more pay is definitely tempting me to stay. 

happyhorizons
5 minutes ago, doingtherightthing said:

Yea, I realize it. However, besides that, I do enjoy working there. Plus with the promotion offered with more pay is definitely tempting me to stay. 

Has he ever treated other ladies like he did you? 

• Author
doingtherightthing
7 minutes ago, happyhorizons said:

Has he ever treated other ladies like he did you? 

As far as the offering promotion or the lingering touches and hugs? 
As far as I know, no. He has however given high fives to other coworkers and with one even began taking it away as I did with him playfully one time bc I was afraid to confront him. After a while, I told him no physical touch but went back on my word as I was afraid to seem like a b**** . 
He has also hugs goodbyes his assistant manager who’s a woman. However,  his hugs with me was to comfort me when I “seemed” upset. 

happyhorizons

So, you recently were offered a promotion (by your boss I assume)?

• Author
doingtherightthing
12 minutes ago, happyhorizons said:

So, you recently were offered a promotion (by your boss I assume)?

Yes. I asked him whose idea was it and he said it was his. 

happyhorizons
4 minutes ago, doingtherightthing said:

Yes. I asked him whose idea was it and he said it was his. 

He obviously does not want you to leave your job.

• Author
doingtherightthing
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, happyhorizons said:

He obviously does not want you to leave your job.

Well ofc, I asked him what made himoffer it and he highlighted my professional attributes. Part of me does feel like I’ve worked hard to be able to get the promotion. I’m not sure if it’s a good idea to stay though. 

Edited by doingtherightthing