To message or not to message? Help šŸ„ŗšŸ„¹

HappyBehindThisShyMask

HappyBehindThisShyMask

Hi guys, I was wondering ifĀ yā€™allĀ could give me some advice?Ā Saturday,Ā my old neighbor came into town (he lives ab 2 hours away) for his sister's graduation. I was at the peak of my mushroom trip & told him I don't think I can entertain company, to which he replied "MeĀ Tooooooo, I'm at the end of mine though", so I instantly felt no judgment & decided to let him in, he comes into town usually for the main holidays, & always stops/makes timeĀ to visit with me (& whatever bf I have at the time). So, we get to talking, & catching up & just vibing & watching midnight gospel while listening toĀ edmĀ (if you know, you know), & I never realize how cool he was, & he wanted to show me a really cool video that would fulfill the visuals my brain was fixating on, & I started talking ab how cool it was & said "IkĀ I probably look crazy as hell rn,Ā sorry" (because I usually mask & I wasn't able to, or even cared to want to, all my happy, animated personality was shining & he says "you donā€™t look crazy at all, actually I've always thought you were very pretty, honestly I've thought you were SO pretty my whole life" & I kinda just glided over it bc I wasn't sure how to take it other than saying thank you & changing the topic... ab 10 min later he says "Please don't get weirded out or anything, but can I ask you a question??" Ā Me "yeah?" Him "& you can say no & please don't feel awkward, but can we make out?" it threw me for a loop & took me by surpriseā€¦ I said ā€œno, thank you, but I'm tripping & I'm having to remember how to human, I can't even think ab anything like that rnā€.Ā IĀ can see him shaking & almost looks like he wants to cry, but he holds it together... the empath in me is feeling his feelings & so we were both pretty sad & not sure what else to say, he had to go to a graduation after-party & said if I want to hang out when he gets back, just answer the door, he'll come back later. Well, it put my head in a spin & I actually ended up getting my brother to come pick me up. So backstory heĀ grew up next door to me since I was 17, when I moved in my place, when he got to be ab 16 he would come ask for gars & to smoke with me & whatever bf I had at the time (I've been in 2 long-term relationships, this is the first time I've been single in 9 years), at 19 he moved away to go to college, now he's 22 & I'm 29, & it's weird bc I always viewed him as a kid, but now that I'm single & the vibes were immaculate? I can't stop thinking about how different he is, good different, green flag different... & honestly I can't stop thinking ab Saturday & him (even though I don't really have anything to go off of, Ā aside from him coming get a gar every other day & coming visit me 1-3x?s per year since he moved?) what do I do, leave it alone, message him, if I message him? what do I even say??

Alpacalia

C'mon, asking if 2 people can make out when BOTH parties are tripping balls?? No bueno. Ā It's great you have nostalgic memories of this dude... but it kinda sounds like neither of you were in your right minds. I'd chalk it up to really good E and psychedelics.Ā 

• Like 1
  • Author
HappyBehindThisShyMask

When I went to my brothers house after he left, I told him(my brother)Ā ab it, & he said the guy use to always talk ab me & ask questions ab meĀ & I was always the ā€˜girl next doorā€™ no pun intended for him, & that he would say ā€œIā€™m going to marry your sister one dayā€ my brother happened to live a little bit down the street back in the day. I just donā€™t want to message & it be weird because of the fact we were both tripping, but definitely had me wondering if heā€™s always been waitingā€¦ & thatā€™s why he always visitsā€¦ orā€¦ idk, like I said itā€™s hard to wrap my head ar, & it sucks that he basically got rejected twice, once when he asked to make out & again when he probably knocked on my door (bc my car was there) & no one answeredā€¦ I hate to leave it like thatā€¦ & I want to say something ab it, but idk if itā€™s on his mind like itā€™s on mine.Ā 

Alpacalia

He's attracted to you for sure but it sounds like you're not in the same head space. When he asked you to make out I think it's pretty clear that he's interested in taking things to the next level physically and my guess is the front door knock was part of that. Ā So if you're not ready for that yes you should talk to him and see where it goes because that's what he's hoping for.