Guy wants a second date but doesn't seem that interested?

NuevoYorko
13 hours ago, BaileyB said:

She enjoys a lot of texting in relationships, that is very evident. In addition to the high effort dates that she would like her partner to plan, she enjoys lots of texting between dates.

I have a sense that the OP kind of wants a fairytale.  I've picked up on this over their long posting history.   It seems to be like she's this beautiful princess type of being, the guy should be completely swept away by her splendor, he does not put a foot wrong or disappoint in his courtly approach to her.

Her role is to be desired, his role is to prove his unshakeable desire.  

The fairytale romance qualities are not likely to be sustainable at all in everyday life, but if it's all about romantic getaways and impassioned texting on and on between meetings - sounds like a real bodice ripper.

But real human men are not super into that kind of thing.  

I hate to even say it, but the times I've seen it "work" have been when the people involved are either both married to others or one of them is.

• Like 2
basil67

@babybrowns  Any guy who's open to a LDR with only sporadic meetings isn't very interested.   What you're wanting in this connection is the complete opposite of what a relationship oriented man would want.

If you want a solid man in your life, you need to make time for him.  If you can't make time for him, then you will never do better than casual arrangements with men who don't care.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
NuevoYorko
1 minute ago, basil67 said:

If you want a solid man in your life, you need to make time for him.  

You'll also have to share in the risk of getting into a relationship with the man.   This attitude of making him "prove it" so much while you are not letting him know that his interest is enthusiastically reciprocated is not going to land you a guy who has a great deal going for him.  Believe me, such men are in demand and they aren't wrong for wanting to be with a woman who is making it clear that she wants to be with him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
BaileyB
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, NuevoYorko said:

Her role is to be desired, his role is to prove his unshakeable desire.  

It’s always a test. And, every man that she has dated in the past year or two has failed the test in one way or another within the first few dates - and then they get vilified because of that.

But that’s not how relationships work. As Basil said, no man in his right mind is going to put up with this kind of behavior from a grown woman - no matter how “beautiful” or desirable… 

Relationships are a two way street - both partners must put in effort, and both partners must make themselves vulnerable and take a risk. 

Edited by BaileyB