Would you even bother replying?

Goodguy05
Posted (edited)

Matched with a Tinder date. Someone who is local as well doesn't live that far away which is a blessing. Anyway I responded introduced myself asked how they are. Took about 3 or 4 days to get a response which is ok and finally she responds with "so busy dear". 

Smells of self importance and low interest. Didn't ask how I was got me thinking why even bother responding to that. Interested to hear your thoughts and opinions. 

My experience with these kind of responses has been it says a lot about the other person' already and it's a waste of effort and time. 

Edited by Goodguy05
Nellea

Hmm… If she definitely wasn’t interested she would have ignored or blocked you. Her reply is not great but maybe she was just in a bad mood or actually busy… I wouldn’t totally drop this if I were you… just because you seem to like her… 

who knows? Some people aren’t so chit-chatty on dating apps but when you meet them in real life they come across differently.

Give her another chance! Ask her something more personal related to the info on her profile to get a convo going…. Or tell her something you have in common? Or even simply mention that you were excited to see she lives so close and seems like your kind of person.. so maybe you could meet up 👍

• Like 1
FredEire
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Goodguy05 said:

Matched with a Tinder date. Someone who is local as well doesn't live that far away which is a blessing. Anyway I responded introduced myself asked how they are. Took about 3 or 4 days to get a response which is ok and finally she responds with "so busy dear". 

Smells of self importance and low interest. Didn't ask how I was got me thinking why even bother responding to that. Interested to hear your thoughts and opinions. 

My experience with these kind of responses has been it says a lot about the other person' already and it's a waste of effort and time. 

No.

I think you've summed it up well there, she's not interested. I often wonder why these people bother replying as well.

In my experience this kind of thing 99% of the time leads to nothing, the odd time you may have a date or even a one night stand but there's usually a feeling that she was there because here other options dried up.

Edited by FredEire
  • Like 1
Acacia98

She definitely is not interested. She also has not-so-great social skills. Personally, I would appreciate this kind of communication because it would tell me not to waste my time. At least she's not lying to you that she can meet on Friday and then flaking out on you.

• Like 2
FredEire
8 minutes ago, Acacia98 said:

She definitely is not interested. She also has not-so-great social skills. Personally, I would appreciate this kind of communication because it would tell me not to waste my time. At least she's not lying to you that she can meet on Friday and then flaking out on you.

Yes. I have friends who get unreasonably angry at this kind of thing. I just laugh at it these days, the apps are an eye opener to the number of people who have bad social skills and are just plain weird.

Don't give your energy to people who give you nothing in return, hold a higher standard.

• Like 2
justwhoiam

I [...] introduced myself asked how they are. Took about 3 or 4 days to get a response which is ok and finally she responds with "so busy dear". 

Smells of self importance and low interest. [...]

[...] it says a lot about the other person' already and it's a waste of effort and time. 

A few possible scenarios.

1. She's like a southern blonde, and that 'dear' is her polite way to say she can't chat more. Women sometimes get hundreds of matches, and her reply might be genuine.

2. She's full of herself but couldn't 100% rule you out.

3. She got tons of matches that piled up and she decided to go through all of them, and reply to the decent ones, because after all she's not a bad person.

4. She was kind of bored and replied in a snobbish way for fun.

• Like 2

Big 'meh'. 

Even if she was interested, do you really want to date someone that can't be bothered to ask a question or be bothered to carry a conversation?

Unless she lives in a State where using 'Dear' is common and cultural, I would view this as condescending. 

• Like 1
ZA Dater

I'd keep communicating with zero expectations and see what comes of it. Depending of course of you are lucky enough to have other matches.

smackie9

You cast your net out and all you got was seaweed....there's nothing there, go fish somewhere else.