Who should I try to date?

basil67
6 minutes ago, Dull Tool said:

No offense, but I think that's bullshit.  I'm 40, but I've never had a girlfriend or a job or left home.  I'm more immature than most 16 year olds, and frankly I haven't changed much since I was 16.

Also, why is the assumption than an older person will lead someone younger astray?  Why is it better for two immature people to copulate?  Personally I think the age gap thing is only a problem because of the "ick" factor.  Seeing someone young with someone old grosses them out viscerally, and that's why it's actually taboo.  Why is it any of their business anyway?

You commented about others being bothered by this, so I explained the reason to you.   How you feel about their concerns is irrelevant

• Author
Dull Tool
29 minutes ago, basil67 said:

You commented about others being bothered by this, so I explained the reason to you.   How you feel about their concerns is irrelevant

I think what you said is not the reason people are upset by it.  Because that excuse makes no logical sense.

basil67
45 minutes ago, Dull Tool said:

I think what you said is not the reason people are upset by it.  Because that excuse makes no logical sense.

But you've already said that you have no idea why they get upset.  How can you say that others are wrong if you can't explain it yourself?

• Author
Dull Tool
30 minutes ago, basil67 said:

But you've already said that you have no idea why they get upset.  How can you say that others are wrong if you can't explain it yourself?

I don't know why people dislike old people who partner with young people, but I know the reason you provided is not the true reason.  There's no proof mature people corrupt young people.  If people actually believe that... then I really fault their general critical thinking.

I read, and believe, people form their opinions based on their emotions, and only afterwards attempt to justify those opinions with logic. 

Acacia98
47 minutes ago, Dull Tool said:

I don't know why people dislike old people who partner with young people, but I know the reason you provided is not the true reason.  There's no proof mature people corrupt young people.  If people actually believe that... then I really fault their general critical thinking.

It is one of several reasons.

And there is plenty of proof of older, more experienced people deliberately seeking out younger, less experienced people to have relationships with precisely because they generally find the younger people they target easy to manipulate and to coerce. If you had more experience with interpersonal relationships, this would probably be readily observable to you.

• Like 1
basil67
1 hour ago, Dull Tool said:

There's no proof mature people corrupt young people. 

If there's no proof, why does the term "grooming" (with respect to an older person and an underage person) exist?   Why is carnal knowledge illegal?  Why is it illegal for a teacher to have intimate relations with a student? 

If there was no evidence that a young person can be taken advantage of, why have laws about it?

• Like 2
ExpatInItaly

What advice do you actually want, OP?

You refute everything everyone says, so it seems like you're here to vent or seek affirmation of your views rather than genuinely reflect on what anyone is saying. 

• Author
Dull Tool
35 minutes ago, ExpatInItaly said:

What advice do you actually want, OP?

You refute everything everyone says, so it seems like you're here to vent or seek affirmation of your views rather than genuinely reflect on what anyone is saying. 

I asked if ugly people should ask out pretty people.  And if not, why not?

The answers I got are "talk to everyone: pretty and ugly," like ugly people like myself, and people realize they have low-value so don't create awkward moments by trying to get with people with high sexual market value.  That last point must be the truth.  It blows my mind because my sexual attraction is so intense that I nearly fall over myself seeing pretty girls.  My libido is overactive due to deprivation imo.

As for the other points, I suppose we must agree to disagree.  I think you're delusional, but what do I know?  As another person in this thread said, people can't be rationalized.  I can't communicate in emotion and logic is useless.  Oh well.  I'm accepting being a bad person.

ExpatInItaly
57 minutes ago, Dull Tool said:

I think you're delusional, but what do I know?

Regarding what? 

You're not making sense here. 

basil67
59 minutes ago, Dull Tool said:

I asked if ugly people should ask out pretty people.  And if not, why not?

Of course ugly people can ask out attractive people.  There's no law against it.

But given your list of unattractive behaviours, I can't see that you'd have any luck without intensive therapy and commitment to finding a more positive attitude.   

Edited by basil67
  • Author
Dull Tool
20 minutes ago, basil67 said:

Of course ugly people can ask out attractive people.  There's no law against it.

Let's not forget that what's illegal and what's allowed are two different things.  With my bad social skills, and desire to date women way out of my league, I can easily see a scene being created.  I'd have to be armed, have escape routes, and do it in places I never go in order to pursue women. 

I have seen vigilante justice being done against men who were trying to talk to random women.  And there is no amount of care that can be taken to prevent the ire of the public.

But none of it matters to me anymore.  I'm done trying to please women.  I tried so hard to be what they want but it was never enough.  You can bash me if you want, but I am the product of my environment.

32 minutes ago, ExpatInItaly said:

Regarding what? 

You're not making sense here. 

I didn't bother to refute the various opinions I disagree with because arguing is useless.  The standards I use to determine truth are not the same as yours.  I've come to accept that I'm always going to be "wrong" and "bad".  If that's what people want who am I to argue?