Behavior Interpretation

• Author
7 minutes ago, Sony12 said:

Do you two really say much of anything to each other besides waving and a quick 'hey'?

last week she came to my office and have some communication, why you are early and ..( I am usually  alone in my office ) but she is with other 4 or 5 guys so it not good idea I go there I think

Just now, Rajeev said:

last week she came to my office and have some communication, why you are early and ..( I am usually  alone in my office ) but she is with other 4 or 5 guys so it not good idea I go there I think

I think you need to start talking to this young lady a little more than you do before you begin spending much time thinking about her.

2 hours ago, Rajeev said:

@ExpatInItaly

@Sony12

but for this recent case, I was busy with my work when I noticed some movement in my peripheral vision. When I looked in that direction, I saw her walking with her arm behind her, opening and closing her fist. It caught my attention, and then I saw face (her turned back her head to see). At that moment, I even thought this gesture might have some special meaning that I don't understand!!!! my impression is if so far it was just friendly manner but this is beyond that. I want to be sure if she is interested and then I go for next steps that's why I am interpreting her actions. so what do you think guys?  @BaileyB is right ?

I can only reiterate that body language is not a perfect science. 

If you spend your life waiting to be sure, you will get nowhere. Life is about taking chances 

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, basil67 said:

I can only reiterate that body language is not a perfect science. 

If you spend your life waiting to be sure, you will get nowhere. Life is about taking chances 

Agree on this there is no body language exact science but I do sometimes wonder about people who play with their hair, if there is not some sort of science around that. OP does she ever do that?

Whether these sort of risks are worth it in the workplace is debatable.

8 hours ago, ZA Dater said:

Agree on this there is no body language exact science but I do sometimes wonder about people who play with their hair, if there is not some sort of science around that

A woman could play with her hair because she likes the feel of it running through her fingers, or because she finds it soothing, or could be a habit....there are any number of good reasons for it not to be flirting.  

You're making this very complicated for nothing.

You find someone to date. If you like her then offer exclusivity. Then you go into dating to get to know each other. No one knows after 3 months if they want to spend the rest of their life with someone. It takes a good 2 years dating to talk about marriage or living together.

• Author

My latest update:

I requested in LinkedIn to her and she accepted and next day she sent message and said we are creating and group chat for our floor guys, can we have your number?

46 minutes ago, Rajeev said:

My latest update:

I requested in LinkedIn to her and she accepted and next day she sent message and said we are creating and group chat for our floor guys, can we have your number?

That in no way indicates that she is not in you romantically either. All that means is that she's creating a way where she can communicate easier with the entire area. 

Alpacalia
On 6/26/2024 at 2:45 PM, basil67 said:

A woman could play with her hair because she likes the feel of it running through her fingers, or because she finds it soothing, or could be a habit....there are any number of good reasons for it not to be flirting.  

This is true. Albeit, one time, I saw a really attractive man and I subconsciously started fiddling with my hair, I didn't even notice until after he walked past me. I still don't know why I did it, it was just a natural reaction. Point being, sometimes we do things without thinking because we are attracted to someone or nervous around them.

Don't concern yourself with the why. Give her your number and see where it goes. It could just be for a work-related group chat or it could be an opportunity to get to know her better. Either way, it's a chance to build a connection with her. 

Generally speaking when coworkers exchange personal info they will make it clear what it is intended for.

If she said it was for a group text with other people on the floor than that is likely exactly what it is for 

Edited by Sony12