Need some honest advice on my situation

• Author
13 minutes ago, ExpatInItaly said:

Take it from someone more than twice your age who has seen this over and over - it only very rarely actually works.

More often than not, the people in question grow and move on to different relationships. Sometimes people reunite, yes, but I have yet to see more than a handul couples successfully do so and remain together years later. This is especially true when the people in question got together very young, as you two did. And given that you can't have had much relationship experience outside this (due to how young you are), how can you possibly determing she is your soulmate? You inherently have very little to compare this relationship to. This is your fear and lack of relationship experience speaking, more than anything else. 

I don't say this to rain in your parade, but rather to encourage you to focus on healing rather than reconciliation. The former is what will utlimately bring you happiness. 

I think you could be right I’m just speaking of how I feel as of now, I could have a different feeling in a few months but only time will tell.

if me and her are meant to be we will be and that’s the bottom line of it 

45 minutes ago, Hoops700 said:

We moved very fast, I’m 20 years old and we got a flat together, I provided for her at this age and was very stressful

Hopefully, you’ve learned your lesson. Never do these things too fast. Life is stressful enough already, and additional stress can kill a relationship.

48 minutes ago, Hoops700 said:

I do truly love the girl and always will. She is my soulmate 

Don’t let yourself think that way after a breakup, it’s just your bruised ego talking, trying to sentimentalize the situation so that you’ll feel hopeful and won’t be hurting so much. The harsh truth is that she is not your soulmate. If she were, she’d be with you for good. You’ll love again and you’ll find your soulmate eventually, but it’s not her.

• Author
Just now, Gebidozo said:

Hopefully, you’ve learned your lesson. Never do these things too fast. Life is stressful enough already, and additional stress can kill a relationship.

Don’t let yourself think that way after a breakup, it’s just your bruised ego talking, trying to sentimentalize the situation so that you’ll feel hopeful and won’t be hurting so much. The harsh truth is that she is not your soulmate. If she were, she’d be with you for good. You’ll love again and you’ll find your soulmate eventually, but it’s not her.

I appreciate your honest opinion on my situation thank you 

On 6/23/2024 at 7:16 PM, Hoops700 said:

because of some ongoing issues in our relationship for a long time

What are those issues? I agree with everyone else about the platitudes stuff, but I think she doesn't really want to break up, there's something you do that makes the relationship bad for her. What is it? 

Edited by MsJayne
Forgot something
4 hours ago, MsJayne said:

there's something you do that makes the relationship bad for her. What is it?

He's already said: he got way too complacent, stopped planning dates, stopped helping around the house and so on. She had to practically beg him to do those things, according to him. 

I think she's fallen out of love and is ready to move on. 

• Like 1