1 minute ago, Jane Grey said:

It is astounding to me too...yet it is so! I'm working on it and on me. And you are right  - he has hurt me hugely!  I'm sure I will get there with this but definitely not there yet. 

JG, you truly do deserve better. You WILL get there please give yourself TIME 😊

• Thanks 1
  • Author
Just now, happyhorizons said:

Just now, happyhorizons said:

I'm feeling a lot more positive since coming on here. I'm having my eyes opened wide. Thanks for your kind words! I need something positive said about me...

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jane Grey said:

I'm holding myself back! I want to see him still..I'm being honest even if it sounds crazy, pathetic, sad...I still love him

Then why did you break it off with him?  Are you playing games?

• Author
2 minutes ago, stillafool said:

Then why did you break it off with him?  Are you playing games?

No I've no intention on going back, whatsoever! Too much has been done - but I simply still need to see him right now. I still love him! 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Jane Grey said:

Honestly,  I really don't care about whether he slept with his wife or not.

I've never heard of a woman who is in love with a man, calls off the affair because he won't leave his wife, yet does not care if he is having sex with his wife, after he's told her his wife won't touch him.  

Just now, Jane Grey said:

No I've no intention on going back, whatsoever! Too much has been done - but I simply still need to see him right now. I still love him! 

So are you saying you are not blocking him so he can contact you to get together?

3 minutes ago, Jane Grey said:

Then why don't you contact him, ask to see him and get it over with and then block him?  

• Author
Just now, stillafool said:

I've never heard of a woman who is in love with a man, calls off the affair because he won't leave his wife, yet does not care if he is having sex with his wife, after he's told her his wife won't touch him.  

Well I believe they don't have sex. So that's why it's a non-issue for me.  Even though others disagree,  which is their proogative and I see why...there are probably more reasons that I called off the affair other than he won't leave his wife...i mean he can be manipulative and that's a worry long term..

• Author
3 minutes ago, stillafool said:

So are you saying you are not blocking him so he can contact you to get together?

Noooo!!! I am simply saying I need to see his face right now..you can ask whatever way you please, the answer is the same. I'm not getting back with him, but I want to see him for now..it really doesn't matter if you don't understand. It probably doesn't make sense..

• Author
3 minutes ago, stillafool said:

Then why don't you contact him, ask to see him and get it over with and then block him?  

Because its fine where we are at. I see him but don't have to see him in person. 

• Author
4 minutes ago, stillafool said:

I'm sorry I don't understand, what does this mean?

I just see him on social media, not face to face. I don't want to meet with him face to face.  It's done!  

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, Jane Grey said:

I just see him on social media, not face to face. I don't want to meet with him face to face.  It's done!  

I bet great things are ahead for you JG so put this dude in your rear view mirror and move forward 

2 hours ago, Jane Grey said:

I'm holding myself back! I want to see him still..I'm being honest even if it sounds crazy, pathetic, sad...I still love him

This is not love.

You can’t love a person and think that he is a jerk and a clown at the same time.

This is an infatuation that will eventually pass if you break off all contact with him.

There can be no love where there’s no mutual respect.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Gebidozo said:

This is an infatuation that will eventually pass if you break off all contact with him.

I don’t even know that it’s infatuation after eight years. I think he/the idea of a relationship with this man is more of a habit or a comfortable pattern of thought. 

I would ask the same question that basil asked - how exactly does he show you love and respect? What does he do to make you feel loved, safe, valued? I think you need to challenge the notion that you love this man - and you do that by challenging the thought that this is “love.” As I said before, a man who loves a woman does not treat her with such callous disrespect. 

Edited by BaileyB
  • Author
5 hours ago, happyhorizons said:

I bet great things are ahead for you JG so put this dude in your rear view mirror and move forward 

I have, I'm moving on but more slowly than is perfect 👌 

• Like 1
  • Author
4 hours ago, Gebidozo said:

This is not love.

You can’t love a person and think that he is a jerk and a clown at the same time.

There can be no love where there’s no mutual .

Maybe I am infatuated! I will consider this!

• Author
3 hours ago, BaileyB said:

I don’t even know that it’s infatuation after eight years. I think he/the idea of a relationship with this man is more of a habit or a comfortable pattern of thought. 

I would ask the same question that basil asked - how exactly does he show you love and respect? What does he do to make you feel loved, safe, valued? I think you need to challenge the notion that you love this man - and you do that by challenging the thought that this is “love.” As I said before, a man who loves a woman does not treat her with such callous disrespect. 

There is a lot to unpack here and unpack I intend to do. You make really good points. He has done very little to make me feel secure. It is all about him!

• Author
4 hours ago, basil67 said:

@Jane Grey   Why do you love him?  What are the ways in which he makes you feel valuable to him?  

I'm not seeing him make me feel valued at all if I'm being honest. Indo love him but he obviously doesn't love me. He had qualities but few are related to how good he makes me feel - Great questions! 

• Author
42 minutes ago, ExpatInItaly said:

Your standard for "love" is very low. 

I am seeing that now!  I am seeing that he had me thinking that he is some kind of catch! When in fact I possibly lowered my standards for him...thinking about it! 

Edited by Jane Grey
7 hours ago, Jane Grey said:

It is astounding to me too...yet it is so! I'm working on it and on me. And you are right  - he has hurt me hugely!  I'm sure I will get there with this but definitely not there yet. 

Are you seeing a professional therapist? I highly suggest seeing someone who can help you with your codependency and low self esteem.

someone that can help you understand that the right man for you - will put you as his top priority!

• Like 1