Dance Partner

Ctruelove

I was originally linked to this website because I was searching "how to find a person of opposite sex to learn to dance with or take dance lessons". I was guided to a post where someone asked if taking dance lessons was a good way to meet women. So here I am. I want to take dance lessons but I feel odd about learning without a dance partner. How does anyone feel about this? How many men have wanted to take dance lessons to meet women or just to learn how to dance but we're afraid? I think dancing is a great way to express feelings and a fun way to get to know someone. 

Alpacalia
Posted (edited)

I took many dance classes with my friends. Dancing is great, do you want to actually learn or are you just wanting to meet women?

It sounds like a little bit of both.

Honestly, either way, taking dance lessons would be a great idea. As a woman, I have always appreciated a man who knows how to dance and isn't afraid to show off his moves. But not so much being hit on while trying to learn some new steps. So my advice would be to go in with the intention of genuinely wanting to learn and improve your dancing skills. If you happen to meet a woman along the way, that's great. But don't make it the main focus. 

Edited by Alpacalia
  • Like 1
basil67
Posted (edited)

I think there's potential for it to work.  But take your time and allow things to develop or not.   You don't want to be "that guy" who, when rejected by one dancer, works his way through asking all the women

Edited by basil67