Fake friend?

Keeves1

Hey! 

I suspect that the people in my friend circle are a fake friend. I’m not sure yet. 

We are 4 people in my friend circle including me. Those 4 are Nivek (me), Santi, Bille, and Hector. All fake names of course.

We all live in near the city center except Hector. He lives 2 hours away and need to drive to come to meet us everytime. 

Today, Santi posted a photo of him and Bille going out to eat dinner without me. I’m feeling left out. 

It is for sure weird because one time I took initiative to ask all of them to hang out but only Santi and Hector could meet. I’m trying to say that yes I understand that Hector cannot always drive 2 hours to meet us but then again why did not Santi ask me today to join him and Bille? 

I’ve had issues with this friend group earlier where I found myself the only person who was taking initiative to hang out and I did voice my issue and they told me that they would try to be better at it. 

So how do you see this as? 

basil67
Posted (edited)

There is no rule that every member of a group needs to be invited to every catch up.   Yes, it can be disappointing, but sometimes it just works out that two of them want to catch up.   It doesn't mean they are fake friends.

You should only start to worry when all three get together and you don't get an invitation

Edited by basil67
  • Thanks 1
  • Author
Keeves1
13 minutes ago, basil67 said:

There is no rule that every member of a group needs to be invited to every catch up.   Yes, it can be disappointing, but sometimes it just works out that two of them want to catch up.   It doesn't mean they are fake friends.

You should only start to worry when all three get together and you don't get an invitation

That is true! They are best friends so by all means it should be fine for Santi and Bille to catch up. Thanku Basil 🙌

• Thanks 1
ShyViolet

Two friends in the group are allowed to hang out just the two of them once in a while.  I think you are reading too much into this.  As long as they haven't done anything else to make you feel like they don't care about you as a friend, I don't think you should be making such a big deal out of this.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Author
Keeves1
Posted (edited)

Seems like it has happened once where all three got together without me. I remember it know after speaking to Santi (the conversartion just went naturally talking about friendship)

It was a couple of months ago where three of them got together on saturday and sundays without me. Well saturday does not count because I was asked if I wanted to come but I declined but then I did not get invited on the day after. 

According to Santi he assumed I was tired and needed to rest on both of these days so he did not want to ask me on sunday. He also apologized saying that he messed up. 

I accepted him saying sorry. We all make mistakes and I can forgive him for that

I know that this thread was posted early July but I thought I should just write it down because it has happened once. 

Edited by Keeves1