He reached out after we broke up then disappeared

Sandy98

Hi everyone. I dated this guy for about three months. I really liked him but he said he didn’t want a relationship. I initially was fine with this but ended up having feelings for him so I ended things since I knew it wouldn’t go anywhere and I didn’t want to get too attached. The breakup was amicable. 
I was really upset when it first happened about two months ago. I really liked him and thought we were great together. Last week he reached out and said hello after about two months of no contact. I kept things friendly and formal even though I wanted to say more because I know that unless he says otherwise there’s no use in anything more since I know he doesn’t want anything serious. He’s now disappeared and hasn’t texted me back since. What does it mean? Or does it not mean anything? Should I not have responded at all?

a bit upset because I’ve been working really hard on moving on and this has opened it all up again. Don’t know what to do. I’d obviously love to get back with him but only if he decides he wants more than just something casual. Should I say that? Or should I block him and try to move on?

stillafool
1 hour ago, Sandy98 said:

Should I say that? Or should I block him and try to move on?

You can say that but it's doubtful he wants a relationship or he would have told you he's changed his mind.  I would block him and move on if I were you.

NuevoYorko

He probably enjoyed the casual thing you had going on and tested the waters to see if maybe it could be resumed.  

If he wanted to be with you on your terms he certainly would have made that clear to you.

I think blocking him would be the best thing, simply because you would not be thinking about whether you'd be hearing from him anymore ... because you wouldn't.  That will help you move on.  

• Like 2
basil67
5 hours ago, Sandy98 said:

I kept things friendly and formal even though I wanted to say more because I know that unless he says otherwise there’s no use in anything more since I know he doesn’t want anything serious.

He was just trying it on.....and disappeared again because it was obvious he wasn't going to get any casual sex.

If you don't want this happening again, block him. 

Vicky876

Hi, it’s hard, but @basil67 is right. You might be overthinking, that it meant something, something more meaningful, thing is: if he isn’t able to show up to you, whatever reason, trust upon what he shows you. And what he shows you is disconnectedness. Shows no regard to your feelings. Doesn’t have the decency to at least respond. Take his behaviour as it is, don’t let your worth be dependent on that. His behaviour to cut it off is not attractive, whatever he had on his mind. You are worth responding to and your genuine feelings should be handled with respect, even if someone has no interest in a relationship. Leave him, block him, get into no contact again. There was nothing wrong with responding, you did you. But protect yourself when you still feel ‘vulnerable’ to his avances.

Lauriebell82

Most likely he's reaching out because he's hoping for a hookup or something. You know to just string you along because he knows you like him so he's hoping you'll be his back up chick when he's in between women. This is what guys do when they feel you are more of a casual person to reach out to rather then someone whom they deem as wanting to be in a relationship with. I have been in this situation, and at first I thought the guy reaching out was a good thing...but it's not. It means absolutely nothing other then he's just probably wanting to get laid. Block him and find a guy who actually wants something serious. Just be done with this guy once and for all. 

Edited by Lauriebell82
Lauriebell82
On 7/8/2024 at 2:25 PM, NuevoYorko said:

He probably enjoyed the casual thing you had going on and tested the waters to see if maybe it could be resumed.  

If he wanted to be with you on your terms he certainly would have made that clear to you.

I think blocking him would be the best thing, simply because you would not be thinking about whether you'd be hearing from him anymore ... because you wouldn't.  That will help you move on.  

100% agree. 

Edited by Lauriebell82
Lauriebell82
1 minute ago, Lauriebell82 said:

Edited by Lauriebell82