Leena96

She is my friend and like a sister to me. We’ve known each other for six years and are very close. Recently, she accused me of talking behind her back. When I asked how she heard that, she mentioned some names but didn’t specify who exactly told her. I approached one of the people she mentioned, but they seemed confused and said they’d call and ask her. Shortly after, she called me, but I missed the call because I was busy. When I called back, she didn’t answer. Instead, she texted me, saying we aren’t talking anymore and that we should keep adult conversations to adults, which confused me because we’re all adults.

Feeling frustrated and disappointed by her accusations, which I know are untrue, I blocked her on everything. I’m upset that she believed and spread these untrue things about me. I don’t know if we’ll ever talk again because her accusations hurt me deeply. 

stillafool

Did you ever deny talking behind her back or did you just ask her who told her that?

• Author
Leena96

I have never talked s*** about what she told me about it. I asked the person who told her and that person didn’t answer me about it instead said they are confused. 

ExpatInItaly

I don't understand. 

Did you or did you not say something about this friend to other people? 

She may have been mistaken, she may have over reacted but you escalated the situation even more by blocking her and making a resolution much less likely.

• Author
Leena96
5 hours ago, ExpatInItaly said:

I don't understand. 

Did you or did you not say something about this friend to other people? 

I didn’t say anything to anyone about it and she should have known this but instead she kept saying how I talk behind her back. 

• Author
Leena96
5 hours ago, semble said:

She may have been mistaken, she may have over reacted but you escalated the situation even more by blocking her and making a resolution much less likely.

Well, When I asked her who exactly she heard it from, she named people from her own house. I spoke to one of those people, and he said he was confused and didn’t know what I was talking about. I didn’t want to ruin the friendship, but after thinking about it a lot, I realized it’s better to distance myself from people like this. I’ve noticed her behavior changing; she kept talking about needing distance and accused us of going to her house to check on her. She lashed out at me without knowing the facts and accused me of things I didn’t say. I know, and she knows, that I didn’t talk behind her back. She even texted me, saying that we are not talking and that I need to grow up. After that, I blocked her on everything.

happyhorizons
On 7/19/2024 at 1:01 PM, Leena96 said:

She is my friend and like a sister to me. We’ve known each other for six years and are very close. Recently, she accused me of talking behind her back. When I asked how she heard that, she mentioned some names but didn’t specify who exactly told her. I approached one of the people she mentioned, but they seemed confused and said they’d call and ask her. Shortly after, she called me, but I missed the call because I was busy. When I called back, she didn’t answer. Instead, she texted me, saying we aren’t talking anymore and that we should keep adult conversations to adults, which confused me because we’re all adults.

Feeling frustrated and disappointed by her accusations, which I know are untrue, I blocked her on everything. I’m upset that she believed and spread these untrue things about me. I don’t know if we’ll ever talk again because her accusations hurt me deeply. 

Exactly, what was said?