Am I ready?

Marzipan

Okay, I'm going on six weeks after a bad break up. I know that I sound like I am rushing things but there is a guy who I am interested in. I think he's kind of cute and he's very nice and I want to ask him out but I don't know if it's good to do that or not. I feel like I'm this dork walking around with "Desperate" written across my forehead. The thing is, I've seen this guy a few times in the past year and have always flirted with him. Yesterday after a gathering of work buddies at a sushi bar I got a ride home with him and we had some great conversations. I don't know, but I got a feeling about him and thought maybe I should ask him out in the future. I feel so insecure but it's kind of exciting. I know he's not dating anyone and I thought maybe if I could grab enough courage to ask him out then what's the problem?

Afterall, it's not like I'm jumping into anything serious by asking him out so why not?

Help! I feel like a total idiot. I feel like I'm 14 years old!

Oh, also, he's 24 and I'm 26, is that too much of an age gap? I don't feel like it is but I don't know. I'm still in college and he just graduated college so who feels younger there!

i would say go for it. he's single you are single. what do you have to lose. nothing except a possible rejection. i think some guys like to be asked out by a woman. it sounds like you had good conversation, and who knows what could come of this. i wonder why you feel like you are not ready? you seem to be comparing yourself with him and thinking of reasons why it might not work but look at it the other way around , you are both close to the same age only a 2 year difference, you are both college educated, and it sounds like you both might work together. what have you got to lose? and why are you feeling insecure, you sound like you have lots to offer him.

Okay, I'm going on six weeks after a bad break up. I know that I sound like I am rushing things but there is a guy who I am interested in. I think he's kind of cute and he's very nice and I want to ask him out but I don't know if it's good to do that or not. I feel like I'm this dork walking around with "Desperate" written across my forehead. The thing is, I've seen this guy a few times in the past year and have always flirted with him. Yesterday after a gathering of work buddies at a sushi bar I got a ride home with him and we had some great conversations. I don't know, but I got a feeling about him and thought maybe I should ask him out in the future. I feel so insecure but it's kind of exciting. I know he's not dating anyone and I thought maybe if I could grab enough courage to ask him out then what's the problem? Afterall, it's not like I'm jumping into anything serious by asking him out so why not?

Help! I feel like a total idiot. I feel like I'm 14 years old! Oh, also, he's 24 and I'm 26, is that too much of an age gap? I don't feel like it is but I don't know. I'm still in college and he just graduated college so who feels younger there!

Age gap is not a problem. Ask him out to lunch, a movie, whatever. Get things going. But keep it light for a while.

Just be sure this isn't a rebound thing. Make sure you're over your ex before you get anything serious started with another guy.

If you're interested in him, you should go ahead and ask him to join you for lunch or something.

Personally though, I wouldn't ask out some guy if I wasn't sure he was totally interested in me. If I did, then he'd KNOW that I wanted to be with him. Instead, I'd just flirt with him and make sure to send the message across that I'm interested. I'd do everything BUT ask him out. And I'd keep him hanging and wanting more.

For example, I could see him somewhere and start having a wonderful conversation with him, but then end it as soon as it was getting good. Or I'd go out for lunch with him, but keep it short and say that I had to be somewhere. That way, he'd want to come back for more. And pretty soon, I could get him to ask ME out.

Oh the games women play...

:)

I detest games. Just ask the guy out if you want to! Follow your instincts. I doubt you would want to ask someone out unless you were getting vibes that he was interested to some degree.

Just go for it. If he says no, you'll be ok. If he says yes, and then after the first date, fails to ask you out for the next date, then just let it go. I've never been big on "pretending" to have stuff to do. Or "pretending" to have a life. HAVE one. That's much easier.

If you're interested in him, you should go ahead and ask him to join you for lunch or something.

Personally though, I wouldn't ask out some guy if I wasn't sure he was totally interested in me. If I did, then he'd KNOW that I wanted to be with him. Instead, I'd just flirt with him and make sure to send the message across that I'm interested. I'd do everything BUT ask him out. And I'd keep him hanging and wanting more.

For example, I could see him somewhere and start having a wonderful conversation with him, but then end it as soon as it was getting good. Or I'd go out for lunch with him, but keep it short and say that I had to be somewhere. That way, he'd want to come back for more. And pretty soon, I could get him to ask ME out. Oh the games women play... :)

Go for it Marzipan. 2 years does not an age gap make. Take it easy and enjoy the process of getting to know him. Chances are pretty good that you're not completely over your ex but that's OK so long as you're aware of what you're doing.

GOOD LUCK!!!