Caught colleague looking at my computer while I wasn't there

robaday

I came back from a meeting the other day and when I neared my desk I saw a colleague staring at my screen. It was quite late at night and I sit on the opposite side of the room to him, so he had no business being over there. He awkwardly looked and moved back to his desk when he saw me coming.

It's shaken me up a bit. I don't know why because I guess it is human curiosity. I didn't say anything and didn't escalate it anywhere. But I was surprised as I thought me and him got along ok.

basil67

He probably thinks you get on OK too....but was being a sticky beak

Time to put password protection on your computer so that each time it 'sleeps' you need the password to log in

• Like 1

What type of work you do? Do you work on same files? Was he waiting on you for an information? 

I work in finance/accounting. When l left for vacation l gave my loggins to my department colleagues so they have access to my pc, and my emails. I did not want them to be stuck waiting one week for a silly email sitting in my in-box.

Also your pc, your software, and all information does not belong to you but to the company.

Unless you work on payroll and he's not and he was trying to see other employees hour rate....l'm not seeing the big deal. You're colleagues.

• Like 1