is sex the only thing that matters in a relationship?

i need to have some male commentary on whether or not sex is the only thing that matters in a relationship to you all. i know this question can be answered as individual as the man is but i would like to believe that there are other aspects of being with a woman that matter, like companionship, good conversation, spending time together, friendship, etc....but i am coming to the conclusion that for some men all that really matters is how good a woman is in bed and really nothing else am i right?

YOU WRITE: "but i am coming to the conclusion that for some men all that really matters is how good a woman is in bed and really nothing else am i right?"

Yes, for some men that is quite right. It depends on their age and maturity, mostly, as well as their libido. Some men just aren't mentally capable of functioning beyond their penis.

But for most men, I think they see women for the total package including personality, intelligence, physical attractiveness, ability to converce, various personal qualities, etc. The ability to be a nice bed companion is always a plus.

thanks for your response tony, it was thoughtful and honest i appreciate that. it also indicates that some men only think about women as sex objects while others can view them as the total woman as they are. as i am sure can be said for women as well.

YOU WRITE: "but i am coming to the conclusion that for some men all that really matters is how good a woman is in bed and really nothing else am i right?" Yes, for some men that is quite right. It depends on their age and maturity, mostly, as well as their libido. Some men just aren't mentally capable of functioning beyond their penis. But for most men, I think they see women for the total package including personality, intelligence, physical attractiveness, ability to converce, various personal qualities, etc. The ability to be a nice bed companion is always a plus.