Father Figure?

IAm20HeIs30

IAm20HeIs30

I'm 20 dating a 30 year old man. My mother keeps saying I see him as a father figure since I didn't have a father in my life growing up.

I am attracted to my boyfriend because we like to do the same things, he's got a great sense of humor, an admirable perspective on life, we have a great time together, and he's about something good. He's got a good job and I feel like he's going somewhere with his life. Basically we just have a good time together.

Anybody have any ideas on how would I tell if I'm looking at him as a father figure?

From what you describe, you are attracted to him for all the right reasons. Tell your mother when she becomes a licensed psychotherapist, then she'll be qualified to make an assessment of your relationship.

I guess if you start asking him to increase your allowance, asking him to borrow his car, getting him ties for father's day, and telling him to be nicer to mama...you would probably be seeing him as a father figure.

Have fun and good luck. And, by the way, fathers go for socks, cologne and nice shirts too.

Sounds to me like you have a better perspective on your relationship than your mother. From what you wrote, you are both very mature about life and the direction that you are taking. I don't know any other signs that say you are NOT looking at him as a father figure. Besides, a 10-year old father would be rather young!!! Enjoy it and have fun - which it seems you are doing completely now. When you're 70 and he's 80 - who's gonna care?????????

I'm 20 dating a 30 year old man. My mother keeps saying I see him as a father figure since I didn't have a father in my life growing up.

I am attracted to my boyfriend because we like to do the same things, he's got a great sense of humor, an admirable perspective on life, we have a great time together, and he's about something good. He's got a good job and I feel like he's going somewhere with his life. Basically we just have a good time together. Anybody have any ideas on how would I tell if I'm looking at him as a father figure?