My first!

ms.stressed

I'm dating this guy I really like. If you have been following me, then you know my last relationship was abusive and I needed time to recover. 

Along the way I met a guy. I told him, I wasn't interested in marriage or a relationship and we were just friends, then we slowly started saying we were a couple and he said he was going to marry me...and one day, in a hotel room on New Years Day, he asked me to get something out of his pocket...it was a ring.

We'd been together for 3 years so, I was surprised and I told him yes. 

And being with him has been the most emotionally freeing and mature that I have ever been. 

I keep thinking, "he loves me!" This guy really loves me and it hasn't been easy, but I'm glad for those bumpy roads because it's shown me who he is and who I am. And it's made me love him more deeply than ever.

I love him and more importantly, I love how he loves me. 

And that means more to me than anything else. He loves me as much as I love myself, and that's a first, lol!

• Like 1
basil67

Ah, I'm so happy to hear a good outcome.  Contgratulations!

• Thanks 1
16 hours ago, ms.stressed said:

I love him and more importantly, I love how he loves me. 

He loves you the way you want to be loved, this is a concept of love too many don't know. Congrats! and enjoy every moment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author
ms.stressed
On 8/4/2024 at 4:21 PM, basil67 said:

Ah, I'm so happy to hear a good outcome.  Contgratulations!

Thank you Basil! How has everything been with you! It's been such a long time

• Author
ms.stressed
On 8/5/2024 at 7:43 AM, Gaeta said:

He loves you the way you want to be loved, this is a concept of love too many don't know. Congrats! and enjoy every moment.

So true! And it's funny that you're saying that (or I'm reading just now) because I was just thinking what you said. He loved me the way I love myself. Thank you.