Go or No Go

Springuts

I recently had four dates with a lady on a cordial level. When I suggested a fifth she said she was too busy. I then went to a two week meditation festival, returning three days ago. Following our last date four weeks ago, her last message was 'Enjoy the festival' not 'Enjoy the festival, see you on your return' and I have had no further contact from her. She was the one who originally contacted me about the first date, but I was the one who made the suggestions for the subsequent dates. 

I am inclined to wait to see if she contacts me again, rather than take the initiative and contact her myself, as it seems possible that she wanted to call it a day after four dates. Would you agree?

FredEire

Yep, by the sound of it she lost interest.

Did you progress things over your dates? Did you kiss? It may be possible she was waiting for you to make a move but you were a bit passive about it.

Yeah if you had four dates and it didn't progress to to having much of anything physical during that time chances are pretty good she lost interest. Most people want to be physically involved with someone by the fourth date and if they aren't they often begin feeling that there isn't much chemistry.

• Author
Springuts

No, nothing got physical. Mind you, many years ago I had a mere friendship with a lady for five months, then it got physical. But

I was much younger and more marketable then.!  

6 minutes ago, Springuts said:

No, nothing got physical. Mind you, many years ago I had a mere friendship with a lady for five months, then it got physical. But

Yeah though it's nice to have a friendship that eventually turns into more it usually isn't that common in the dating world these days. Most people already have their friends and aren't really looking for new ones from the people they go on dates with.

No go.

Sounds like you both gave it a good 4 dates but attraction did not grow. It happens.

• Like 1
FredEire
1 hour ago, Springuts said:

I don't think age is really the reason for that, being friends for months and becoming lovers happens but it isn't the norm.

In general if you go on dates and you feel a connection, you have to go for it and not hope that she'll do something or that the universe will make everything align.

Otherwise she'll assume you're not interested or the interest will wane on her end. Sounds like one or both of those happened here.