Girlfriend had a dream that I died

EstianBigV

It’s not the dream itself that upset me, and maybe it’s because work has been hell today and I’m in a terrible mood. But she talked to her co worked about it before she talked to me about it. She usually shares weird and odd dreams, or dreams that upset her with me, so when she told me that her co worker told her this dream meant I was breaking up with her, my first thought was that it was kinda weird she’d share it with him and not me. Am I overreacting because I’m having a bad day/ looking for a reason to be in a bad mood? 

You're OVER-reacting! I find it a bit childish that you expect her to talk about her dreams with you first. She probably remembered her dream once at work and she mentioned it while chitchatting with her colleagues. 

Actually the dream means you are reaching the end of phase and the beginning a new one. 

• Like 1
  • Author
EstianBigV
31 minutes ago, Gaeta said:

You're OVER-reacting! I find it a bit childish that you expect her to talk about her dreams with you first. She probably remembered her dream once at work and she mentioned it while chitchatting with her colleagues. 

Actually the dream means you are reaching the end of phase and the beginning a new one. 

I never said I expected her to, I said that she does. 

Yes, you're over-reacting big time. Unless her co-worker's an expert in dream interpretation I'd say he's just taking the p*** out of her for a laugh. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, EstianBigV said:

I never said I expected her to, I said that she does. 

You're upset she shared it with her colleagues first, of course you expected her to tell you first as she always did. If you did not expect it this thread would not exist.

• Like 1

I think you're overreacting.  Maybe because you're not in a great mood.  Maybe because you don't like this particular work friend of hers.  Maybe because you feel something is off with your relationship. 

Usually when I have a strong reaction to something it's because something bothers me that has been building up.

But if everything else is OK, then I say just let your mood pass and things will look different tomorrow.

• Like 1
Gebidozo

You’re overreacting.

However, the coworker who told her that dream meant you were breaking up with her is either a complete idiot or is deliberately trying to ruin your relationship. 

You've left out the most important part: how did she describe the her feelings in the dream to her coworker?   If she said she was really upset in the dream, you've got nothing to worry about.  But if she said she felt relief, then perhaps she's reconsidering the relationship.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Gebidozo said:

However, the coworker who told her that dream meant you were breaking up with her is either a complete idiot or is deliberately trying to ruin your relationship. 

I'm thinking maybe the girlfriend has been sharing with her colleagues some issues with OP and that's why they came to the conclusion the dream means a breakup in the air.

smackie9

Gossipy non sense is what all this was. There is nothing to take offence over. It was just a dream, and she has a right to tell whomever she wants to about it. What you expect is controlling/jealousy. Let it go. 

Lotsgoingon

"Hey, I dreamed that you died last night. Let's talk about it." Uh, no way!

People often share disturbing thoughts and feelings with people at work. Likely your gf just wanted to share it with someone other than you because the dream was about you. 

I'd certainly tell a friend about a dream like this (or a therapist) before I told a love partner that I dreamed they had died!

Edited by Lotsgoingon
ExpatInItaly
On 8/28/2024 at 7:37 PM, EstianBigV said:

Am I overreacting because I’m having a bad day/ looking for a reason to be in a bad mood? 

Yes, and yes. 

Are you generally quite sensitive? 

Kassieee

That dude is a whole weirdo.

Putting ideas in her head.

It's just a dream everyone relax.