I imposed a curfew on my wife and grounded her when she didn't follow it

Robert Robertson

Robert Robertson

I (45M) have a wife (27F) and our relationship was going pretty strong before the start of all of this, but now I have to reconsider. My wife came home one evening a full half hour later than usual. I asked her what had kept her, and she said the traffic was bad. The same thing happened the next day, I questioned her about it, and she admitted she'd gone to get a drink with a male coworker, and she didn't tell me this because she knows how I am with these things. I promptly reminded her that this sort of behavior was not allowed, and told her that I was imposing a curfew of 5PM on her until further notice.

Well, the next day, she came home at 6PM, and when she did, I pointed out she had broken the rules, and that this is a household of discipline and integrity, and in order for such a household to function, the way she's behaving cannot be allowed to slide. I told her she was grounded for a week, marched her upstairs by the arm, locked her in our bedroom, and confiscated her phone. I brought her food and drink for the night, and told her not to worry because I would bring her sufficient food and drink to last each day (there is a bathroom connected to our bedroom so don't worry about that). I assured her that this was necessary for the good of our marriage.

Today her phone rang, I answered, and it was her boss. He asked why she didn't show up today, to which I explained the situation, and when he criticized my course of action, I politely requested that he not intrude on our relationship or my disciplinary techniques, and that the sanctimony of our household was far more important than his profits.

• Mad 2

This cannot be a serious post, because what you are doing is illegal in most countries. You cannot lock your wife in a bedroom - that is called unlawful or forced confinement. If I was her boss, I would have called the police. If this is a serious post, you need to unlock that door immediately. 

• Like 2

She’s a grown woman not a child!

if she wants to stay late then let her!

you act like she is your slave. I hope when she exits that room she rubs from you and never looks back!

consider you are too controlling and demanding. The marriage will never leave room for HER happiness.

• Author
Robert Robertson
3 minutes ago, S2B said:

you act like she is your slave.

Quite the contrary, as I am making her stay in our room a pleasant one and giving her a week off work. I bring her whatever food and drink she wants and we have a TV for anything she could possibly want to watch. I simply want her to understand that we have rules and I am trying to protect our marriage from the poison of outside influence such as male coworkers (I also never speak to any female other than her because I value her).