Life-Telepathy

I wonder what the effect on relationships would telepathy have? Would it make things better, or worse? No more double talk, not more hidden agendas, yet for once you'd really know what was going on in that counterparty's head.

Sure,it sounds good for business, negotiation,and what not, but would you want to know what goes on in that pretty little head of your loved one? Really?

YOU ASK: "Sure,it sounds good for business, negotiation,and what not, but would you want to know what goes on in that pretty little head of your loved one?"

Part of me would like to but another part of me would prefer to keep guessing, particularly in the early stages of a relationship.

Being able to telephathically know what someone else is thinking would take a lot of joy out of the courtship process. I don't think that would be a positive.

Developing the ability to listen, use our intuition and read body language is critically important in defining relationships for us and I don't think it would be proper any other way.

If people we were dating knew we could read their minds, there would be little to listen to but jibberish anyway. That may be all that's mostly going on as it is.

I am doing IT in a leading investment bank. Recently, I got interviews of new IT jobs from 2 big financial sectors. Unexpectedly , 2 different interviewers challenged me by asking the same question;"As a system analyst, why would id a master degree in finance ?" At that time, I clearly explained my point like...applying my business knowledge to system design...bababa..etc. However, they were still very doubtful my honours to IT caeer

How a joke to me? me background strange? or they are strange? do you know why?

P.S: I've been in IT for 5 years.

Courtship is fun, and sometimes having an element of suprise is good, but in times of trouble, it would be much easier to figure out what to do if you could read the thoughts in your loved one's head

actually i don't really have a strong opinion on the topic, i'm just arguing for the sake of it. hehe

-------------------

YOU ASK: "Sure,it sounds good for business, negotiation,and what not, but would you want to know what goes on in that pretty little head of your loved one?" Part of me would like to but another part of me would prefer to keep guessing, particularly in the early stages of a relationship. Being able to telephathically know what someone else is thinking would take a lot of joy out of the courtship process. I don't think that would be a positive. Developing the ability to listen, use our intuition and read body language is critically important in defining relationships for us and I don't think it would be proper any other way.

If people we were dating knew we could read their minds, there would be little to listen to but jibberish anyway. That may be all that's mostly going on as it is.

So what you are saying here is that two confused people are better than one.

I think it is much better to get the information through effective communication and feedback. Reading someone's mind without interaction would be subject to great misinterpretation.

I don't really have a strong opinion on this either, I am just arguing for the hell of it...and because I want to...and because I'm tired...and because I have a computer...and because I just had some yogurt with blueberries in it...and because I didn't win the lottery tonight, etc., etc.

I don't know about relationships...but I wish I could read my cat's mind. He's been running around the house chasing after me all morning...and I don't know why.

And I'd rather not want to know what my guy is thinking...especially when some hot girl walks past him. Some things are better left unknown.

:)