do he or doesnt he?

I have been friends with this guy for about 5 years. In my senior year of high school I started to like him. I told one of my gal pals and ever since then she has dropped hints when ever we are all together that she thinks we should be together. Each of us just blow it off when ever she says anything or joke around about it. This guy and I have spent alot of time together just going out and doing things but never has it been classified as a date. He even bought us tickets to go to a concert. I have just recently moved out of state and the night before i left i told him that i like him. i dont think he was really that shocked but he said that we have been getting closer. then the next day i left(this was 5 months ago). i know that it was a stupid thing to do it the night before i left but i thought i should just put it out there. i have been back since i moved and saw him. we hung out but we did not talk about what i had said to him the night before i moved. then this christmas we exchanged gifts like always. last year we each spent about the same amount of money on each other. this year i spent that same amont but when i got my present he spent 3 to 4 times more than the year before. what does this mean? i dont know? any advice, suggestions, comments would be helpfull. thanks

he thinks your more valuable to him now i guess

if you feel the same way that you did prior to your leaving, then i can safely say that he is still interested in you as well...