star-crossed lovers

left my heart in brooklyn

left my heart in brooklyn

a little while ago i went to visit someone who i've been dating casually for a couple of years on and off. we both are above all friends and i don't want to hurt him. the problem is when i was visiting for a few days i was introduced to a friend of a friend of his we'll call mr.X. Mr.X and i were instantly drawn to each other and we could not stop staring at each other or talking to each other. we kept it casual enough as to not offend anyone but it was quite clear that we have a very deep connection. this connection continued the next time we saw each other as well. i've met men that i instantly wanted to be with but none that i instantly felt i needed to be with. i cried the whole ride home because im so scared i'll never see him again. i am by no means a dreamy romantic nor do i believe in love at first sight(usually), but i think this is the man im supposed to spend the rest of my life with. i at least have to see MrX alone so i can find out if it was ment to be or am i just crazy. is this a bad idea? what do isay if i do call? i need advice form every aspect!!!!!!! thankx:)

How do you know that Mr X is the person you will be happy with if you spend the rest of your life with. You don't even know him for God's sake. He could be the LAST person you would wish to spend your life with, once you get to know him. Looks might be very deceiving. Watch out!

And what do you mean by CONNECTION? How long have you known him?

a little while ago i went to visit someone who i've been dating casually for a couple of years on and off. we both are above all friends and i don't want to hurt him. the problem is when i was visiting for a few days i was introduced to a friend of a friend of his we'll call mr.X. Mr.X and i were instantly drawn to each other and we could not stop staring at each other or talking to each other. we kept it casual enough as to not offend anyone but it was quite clear that we have a very deep connection. this connection continued the next time we saw each other as well. i've met men that i instantly wanted to be with but none that i instantly felt i needed to be with. i cried the whole ride home because im so scared i'll never see him again. i am by no means a dreamy romantic nor do i believe in love at first sight(usually), but i think this is the man im supposed to spend the rest of my life with. i at least have to see MrX alone so i can find out if it was ment to be or am i just crazy. is this a bad idea? what do isay if i do call? i need advice form every aspect!!!!!!! thankx:)

Girl, go find this man! If he had such an impact on you that you actually shed TEARS, then I think that there probably is some connection there. But first ask yourself if you have ever donr this before. Because I know girls who go through this sort of thing all the time and it's because they are so sensative. But if you are not that type, then I say go for it. People should be with people and if the mental AND physical connection is there then you may have hit the jackpot!

About the other guy that you were initially there to visit; did he see what was happening? Do you think that he'll get mad? You said above all you 2 are friends, so maybe this will be the test to see.

Everyone has experienced this at least once in their lives (or at least most of us have). What you had was a chemical reaction. You know NOTHING about this man. There is no connection here whatsoever...at least not yet. If you don't want to date your friend any more, just end it. Then go see what's up with this guy. But you don't know you'll spend the rest of your life with this him, beacuse you don't know anything about him! Sheesh.

Girl, go find this man! If he had such an impact on you that you actually shed TEARS, then I think that there probably is some connection there. But first ask yourself if you have ever donr this before. Because I know girls who go through this sort of thing all the time and it's because they are so sensative. But if you are not that type, then I say go for it. People should be with people and if the mental AND physical connection is there then you may have hit the jackpot! About the other guy that you were initially there to visit; did he see what was happening? Do you think that he'll get mad? You said above all you 2 are friends, so maybe this will be the test to see.
left my heart in brooklynt

to dave- i agree with all of the things you said and if i read what i said, i'd probably post the same response. i have no logical explanation for the "connection" i felt. it was like a dream where i felt that i already knew him and that i should be with him. i'm quite aware that he could end up being a total loser etc. but there is an urge i cant ignore to find out. it had nothing to do with the exterior b/c he's not my "type" as i would generally consider it. the whole point was that i don't know and would it be a bad idea to find out.

How do you know that Mr X is the person you will be happy with if you spend the rest of your life with. You don't even know him for God's sake. He could be the LAST person you would wish to spend your life with, once you get to know him. Looks might be very deceiving. Watch out! And what do you mean by CONNECTION? How long have you known him?
left my heart in brooklynt

thank you for your advice, ireally apprecieate your input. about the other guy, he noticed it and on the last night he said so. the thing is he only spoke of noticing the man staring and "sweating" me. so i dont know if he knows my end although i suspect he must. i think he'll be hurt not devestated and he won't let it show too much.

Girl, go find this man! If he had such an impact on you that you actually shed TEARS, then I think that there probably is some connection there. But first ask yourself if you have ever donr this before. Because I know girls who go through this sort of thing all the time and it's because they are so sensative. But if you are not that type, then I say go for it. People should be with people and if the mental AND physical connection is there then you may have hit the jackpot! About the other guy that you were initially there to visit; did he see what was happening? Do you think that he'll get mad? You said above all you 2 are friends, so maybe this will be the test to see.

Well, if there is an urge, try to contact him. I live in mBrooklyn myself, so if I could help you in any way, give me a buzz...

to dave- i agree with all of the things you said and if i read what i said, i'd probably post the same response. i have no logical explanation for the "connection" i felt. it was like a dream where i felt that i already knew him and that i should be with him. i'm quite aware that he could end up being a total loser etc. but there is an urge i cant ignore to find out. it had nothing to do with the exterior b/c he's not my "type" as i would generally consider it. the whole point was that i don't know and would it be a bad idea to find out.