Commitment Shy

Sarah P

I need advice from men & women on why men say they

dont want a "commitment" or to be monogomous. I have been seeing someone for the past few months and we had the talk. I told him i was uncomfortable with him "sleeping with other woman". We have been friends for about a year but recently started spending alot of time together. He acts like I am his girlfriend.

His answer, he can not make this commitment to me but he would be jealous if I were to be with another man. He knows this is a double standard but does not know what it means. He also says he does not go out and pick up other woman but can not make that "commitment" right now. (the whole it is him not me thing)

What does this mean? I told him I really could not keep doing what we were doing, if he is doing what is right for him then i have to do what is right for me. We spend alot of time together, get along really well. Any advice or ideas he is 27 years old?

yes you need to do what is right for you. don't let him end up hurting you. stand up for yourself. all guys are like that. at one point in their life they are afraid of commitment. they think that they are going to miss out on something. when what they miss is you. show him what he could have had. this guy of yours wants you to want him and noone else. show him that you are somebody and you aren't going to just be here for him. believe me on this. because i mad a mistake with this and now i can't go back. just let him know that you don't belong to him and go out and find a guy that wants just you and only you.........

I need advice from men & women on why men say they dont want a "commitment" or to be monogomous. I have been seeing someone for the past few months and we had the talk. I told him i was uncomfortable with him "sleeping with other woman". We have been friends for about a year but recently started spending alot of time together. He acts like I am his girlfriend.

His answer, he can not make this commitment to me but he would be jealous if I were to be with another man. He knows this is a double standard but does not know what it means. He also says he does not go out and pick up other woman but can not make that "commitment" right now. (the whole it is him not me thing) What does this mean? I told him I really could not keep doing what we were doing, if he is doing what is right for him then i have to do what is right for me. We spend alot of time together, get along really well. Any advice or ideas he is 27 years old?

I have just gone through a 10 week relationship with a "man" who has this same problem. I have learned that if he feels like he ha to commit to you there is a possibility he might get hurt. These kind of people are emotionally unavailable. They are afraid to show their true feelings. It is easier for them to shut the person they care about out rather than show their feelings, they are afraid of the way that they feel

I need advice from men & women on why men say they dont want a "commitment" or to be monogomous. I have been seeing someone for the past few months and we had the talk. I told him i was uncomfortable with him "sleeping with other woman". We have been friends for about a year but recently started spending alot of time together. He acts like I am his girlfriend.

His answer, he can not make this commitment to me but he would be jealous if I were to be with another man. He knows this is a double standard but does not know what it means. He also says he does not go out and pick up other woman but can not make that "commitment" right now. (the whole it is him not me thing) What does this mean? I told him I really could not keep doing what we were doing, if he is doing what is right for him then i have to do what is right for me. We spend alot of time together, get along really well. Any advice or ideas he is 27 years old?