I need a mans point of view

Here is the new info and I will post background info below:

I did avoid for a while. At least gave myself space.

I saw him and he said "there you are"

I emailed him after 3 or so weeks because I needed some info/directions (and to make a point that I do not hate him just because he doesnt want a relationship) because my friend was meeting me for lunch and he said who is he, your "friend" ...asking me about who I was meeting- it is confusing to me!!

then it was my bday last week and i didnt tell him or many people at work but an email went out that said that it was my bday and he wrote= no sense in hiding your birthday and sent me a very nice bday wish---but I just get mixed signals.

I know that there is nothing to come of it but I also know that there is something there- it may be insincere (games) or it may be sincere (he likes me but something is stopping him) or it may be my imagination. What should I think and do???? HELP!! Just kidding but any input appreciated. See below for background.

Guy at work.

Mainly email correspondence. Originally initiated by me but he emailed me a lot too Went out to lunch 3-4 times After first lunch- he said maybe you will go to a movie with me sometime Never asked but always talked via email and when we saw eachother called once but i wasnt there and didnt leave message said he needs to hurry up and get married

never paid for lunch asked what i was doing fourth of july said he would call i called him from 411 he was rude i thought he apologized and said he didnt mean to be

asked me out to lunch as a joke once- or really it wasnt a real invite i was annoyed asked meout again and i said i was busy- which i really was asked details about my ex then said too hard to date people from work

went into marriage emailed me more i left it short and sweet answers- because if we are just friends we do not need to email each other all day every day said he thought i was nice and good looking and that god was laughing at him and teasing him by letting him know me now it is awkard- i was nice- i needed to save face kind of but it is awkward and i do not understand what he is feeling or thinkinh and have no right to ask i feel like it is either an excuse- to not date at work or he is interested but the work thing is holding him back but when we look at each other there is something there i think and he was affectionate- just in a nice way, not overly, but sweetly- we are at work and all

what to do? space? does it sound like he is playing games or not? good guy or bad guy.

there is more examples of his flirting but i will leave them out