asking him the question

shegirl

My boyfriend and I have been together for 5 years now. He was married and divorced before me and him came together. But since I don't think he's gonna ask me to marry him (or I'm too impatient) so I was thinking of asking him. Everyone keeps telling us we should get married and family too. So how should I bring it up? Or how should I ask. I know I would want it to be romantic and special, but what about guys? Any advice or ideas would be great. Thanks!

First of all, don't do something because everyone else thinks you should. It's your life! Live it the way you want to.

If marriage is what you want, five years of dating should be enough time to know if you want to be married to a particular person. In this situation, since he is not making a move towards marriage, it looks like you will have to be the one to bring the subject up or pop the question to him.

Have you two talked about marriage at all? If so, what has he said about it?

If you haven't discussed marriage before, you don't have to be in a particularly romantic situation just to talk about it.

This could go on for another five years if someone doesn't do something and there is not necessarily anything wrong with that, it just depends on the individuals involved. However, I think talking (some more) about it would be a better move than an outright marriage proposal.