Friend or something more?

Ok, i have been reasonably successful with females, im a little embarassed having to post this on here but oh well here it goes.

about 2 years ago I became friends with this beautiful girl, at the time i wasnt very experienced, so i saved myself embarassment and never made a move on this girl, however i became fascinated with her. anyway we became pretty close, then i went away to school. she started seeing an old boyfriend. i got really jealous, but never told her. she never really rubbed it in or anything, rarely brought up his name, i never was even in the same room as him. anyway after a couple months i said some things i shouldnt have. we didnt talk for months until a couple nights ago i saw her at a bar, she said she just rwecently stopped seeing her boyfriend, we talked, i said i was pretty hurt that she didnt return my calls, i came clean (well almost), i i told her i cared about her a lot, that ive been worried about her, lots of compliments, friendly touching grabbed my biceps about 5 times (lol) we had a good heart to heart conversation she said she wanted 2 take my keys and give me a ride back the next day, i said it was alright, she asked what i was doing the next day and said she wanted to hang out. she didnt call i called the next day, so i called her the day after she called me back later we made plans to see each other in the afternoon, then she called back said she was going home to shower etc. later on after that i called back, she made it seem like it was the 1st call, you know asking oh what are you going to do tonight. i thought we had plans, i guess not. anyway, im really attracted to her, other girls dont have personalities like hers. i want to know should i take her out on a date? is it too late for that? should i try to be friends again? should I just leave her alone and let her call me? people at the bar seemed to think we were an item, one dude remarked to me when he was talking to her "hey whatsup, dont worry about me im just a friend". thanks for any help in advance.

Dude,

This is on you. You became "fascinated" She's not interested. Not at all. You have a crush on her. You are doing all the calling. She does not call back because she suspects what you are doing. This has happened to me and just about every other woman I know. She doesn't want to hurt your feelings, thinks you are a nice guy, but she does NOT have those feelings for you. There's no evidence of it whatsoever in your post.

She's just flirting and you are taking it WAY too seriously. This is a fixation that could last for years if you don't make the active choice to give it up. She'll eventually get bored and annoyed and find more ways to avoid you. Guys enjoy the chase, I know, but she's not feeling that way about you.

If you ask her out on a date, and say to her it's a real DATE, not just two people hanging out, you are likely to get your answer the hard way. But you might need to hear it, go ahead and ask, but brace yourself, you won't like the answer.

If she wanted you that way you would already be with her. 2 years is more than enough time. Actually 2 weeks is enough time if she ever felt that way about you. You aren't even friends, this is completely one sided, your side. Sorry. Don't try to read things into the little things, they aren't there. It's crystal clear.

I wish you well. Good luck. You'll find someone who responds once you get her out of your system. You seem like a decent guy. Best Wishes.